PlayStation Plus Free Games For August 2021 Revealed (UPDATED)
UPDATE: Sony has released an official blog post for the PlayStation Plus free games for August. The announcement confirmed all the games leaked beforehand: Hunter’s Arena: Legends, Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, and Tennis World Tour 2. However, the post also revealed Hunter’s Arena: Legends will be available for subscribers on PS4, in addition to those on PS5. The end date for August’s freebies was also confirmed to last until September 6th. The original story follows below.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) July 28, 2021
Every month or so, Sony has doled out a handful of free games to members of PlayStation Plus, and while selections have varied over the years, the era of the PS5 has more or less offered a total of three games to users as long as they stay subscribed. Next month looks to be keeping that same tradition alive as the latest PlayStation Plus free games have now been revealed for August 2021.
Revealed on the official PlayStation website, the latest PlayStation Plus free games were seemingly unveiled a bit earlier than intended, with the announcement usually made from a formal PS Blog post. Going live August 3rd, fantasy-inspired battler Hunter’s Arena: Legends is set to be available for PlayStation 5 owners, while the likes of cartooney shooter Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville and sports sim Tennis World Tour 2 will be given away to those on PlayStation 4.
PlayStation Plus August 2021 Free Games
- Hunter’s Arena: Legends (PS5)
- Sharpen your fighting skills and attempt to survive in Hunter’s Arena: Legends, a fast-paced slug-fest featuring extreme close-range combat in intense 1v1 matches and battle royale modes.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (PS4)
- Grab your peashooter and embrace the mayhem of the battlefield in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, as the tension expands beyond Neighborville into new social and free-roam regions on the outer reaches of the contested township.
- Tennis World Tour 2 (PS4)
- Experience the true sensations of court in Tennis World Tour 2. Dominate the sport and ascend the world rankings as one of the world’s top players, or create your own athlete to challenge your friends locally or online.
The PlayStation Plus free games for August may be the next up to bat, but this month’s freebies are still swinging away for the time being. Announced at the end of last month, the likes of A Plague Tale: Innocence, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and WWE 2K Battlegrounds were all unlocked as freebies alongside a bonus fourth game in Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. At the time of writing, there’s still a bit of time still remaining before each freebie expires on Monday, August 2nd.
What do you think? Are you excited for the new PlayStation Plus free games for August 2021, or do you feel that this month’s selections aren’t as good as previous months? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more Sony headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Genshin Impact Adding Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy As A Playable Character
- Fall Guys Ratchet And Clank Crossover Limited Time Event Revealed
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut Story Expansion Revealed In New Trailer
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2465 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.