Overwatch’s D.Va Joins Heroes of the Storm Roster – New Trailer Showcases Her Skills (VIDEO)
After spending a week on the Heroes of The Storm PTR (Public Test Realm), Overwatch’s D.Va has finally arrived on the Nexus! Blizzard announced D.Va’s arrival via the May 16 patch notes on the HoTS website, along with an introductory passage that mirrors her backstory from Overwatch.
“World champion professional gamer and burgeoning global icon Hana Song, also known as D.Va, battles to protect her homeland as a member of South Korea’s elite MEKA unit.”
Overwatch’s pro gamer turned mech-pilot joins the HoTS roster with both her mech and her Overwatch abilities intact, along with an extra ability during ‘Pilot Mode’, when she is out of her mech. Blizzard has released a trailer that showcases D.Va’s skills on the Nexus, which can be seen below. A description of her retooled abilities for the Nexus can be found below the video.
- Mech Mode
- When D.Va’s Mech is destroyed, she is ejected after 0.75 seconds and can continue to fight in Pilot Mode. Destroying D.Va’s Mech only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP.
- Pilot Mode
- Each Basic Attack reduces the cooldown of Call Mech by 0.5 seconds. As a Pilot, D.Va only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP upon death.
- While in Mech Mode, D.Va can shoot while moving, but her Movement Speed is reduced by 15%. While in Pilot Mode, D.Va can use Mounts.
- Boosters (Q)
- Increases D.Va’s movements speed by 125% for 2 seconds. Enemies that are hit take damage and are knocked away.
- D.Va cannot be Slowed while Boosters are active.
- Defense Matrix (W)
- Channel a defensive field in the target direction for 3 seconds, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it by 75%. The Mech can move while channeling, but cannot turn.
- Damage dealt to the Mech by enemies within Defense Matrix still grants the same amount of Self-Destruct Charge.
- Self-Destruct (E)
- Requires Mech Mode.
- Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct after 4 seconds. Deals medium to massive damage in a large area, depending on distance from the center of the blast. Deals 50% damage against Structures.
- Gain 1% Charge for every 2 seconds spent using Basic Attacks, and 30% Charge per 100% of Mech Health lost.
- Call Mech (E)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode. 45 second cooldown. While in Pilot Mode, each Basic Attack lowers this cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
- Bunny Hop (R) – Requires Mech Mode. D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable and stomps every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage and Slowing enemies by 40%. Lasts 4 seconds.
- Big Shot (R) Requires Pilot Mode – Deal damage to all enemies in a line. Call Mech’s cooldown is reduced by 8 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.
D.Va’s arrival on the Nexus marks the second part of the Overwatch crossover event, which began when Genji came to the Nexus late last month. Both Genji and D.Va have exclusive skins for Overwatch, which can only be unlocked by successfully completing a certain amount of HoTS matches while playing with friends. Players can also unlock up to 20 HoTS characters for free for logging into the game by May 22.
So, thoughts on Overwatch’s D.Va coming to Heroes of The Storm? How do you think Overwatch’s pro gamer will fare on the Nexus? Are you planning on trying her out? Do you play any of the other Overwatch cross-over heroes? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier337 Posts
<p>When he isn’t reading and writing, Ryan ponders the mysterious, undocumented relationship between Chocobos and Moogles. He’s also the DFTG cinnamon bun.</p>