Overwatch’s Brigitte Concept Art Video Explores How The New Hero Came To Life (VIDEO)
Overwatch’s latest hero is set to arrive in a few days, and what better way to celebrate her arrival than with a look into her past? Blizzard Entertainment has recently released Overwatch’s Brigitte concept art video, during which we get to see the creation of the new support character.
Lead character artist Ben Zhang takes us on our journey through Overwatch’s Brigitte concept art, showing exactly how he and the team tackled the upcoming hero. Players have been able to see what the character is all about in the Public test Realm over the past few weeks, but the new video provides a good look at what could have been and how the creative process led the team to what we see today. Check it out for yourself below:
In the event that you aren’t up to speed on Overwatch’s incoming hero, here’s a bit more about Brigitte Lindholm and what she brings to the fight:
“Brigitte specializes in armor. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
- Rocket Flail
- Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack
- Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot
- Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield
- Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash
- Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.”
Overwatch’s Brigitte concept art video certainly provides a look into what it takes to create such a character, but we’ll see exactly how everything plays out when she arrives in the game on March 20th across all platforms. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we monitor any incoming buffing or nerfing, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Warcraft III Sees Another Major Rebalancing Patch, Further Igniting Remaster Rumors
- The Witcher’s Geralt Nendoroid Incoming Straight From Rivia
- Rocket League Spring Fever Event To Feature Seasonal Crates, Goodies And More
What say you, heroes? Do you enjoy it when Blizzard releases things like Overwatch’s Brigitte concept art video? Will the new support character be your main when she arrives? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.