Mezco Toyz Gives Deadpool the X-Men Treatment with New Collectible Figure
There’s no doubt that Marvel Comics’ Deadpool has increased in popularity over the last decade. Even more so since Ryan Reynolds became the “Merc with a Mouth” in 2016’s Deadpool film. With increased popularity comes more collectibles, and Mezco Toyz has added a new collectible figure depicting Deadpool in his blue and yellow X-Men costume that is sure to satisfy collectors world-wide.
Mezco’s new exclusive figure is set to start shipping in July, after the world famous San Diego Comic Con (SDCC). This figure is not one that is intended to keep locked away in a cardboard prison. He is meant to be displayed and posed in any way you can imagine. Deadpool fans have quite vivid and questionably unhealthy imaginations, so who knows what will be done with the Regenerating Degenerate.
Deadpool’s costume is that of the classic X-Men colors of yellow and blue. Fans of the comics will remember that Wolverine and Beast got Wade to try on the X-Costume in the Cable and Deadpool run. Enough jibber-jabber, feast your ocular spheres at the gallery below:
As seen in the above gallery, the Mezco Deadpool Summer Exclusive will come fully stocked with tons of customization options to fit any collector’s needs. Customization pieces include:
- Two head portraits
- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Over 16cm tall (about 6.5 inches, 12 depending on who’s asking)
- Eight interchangeable hands including
- One pair of fists (L & R)
- One pair of gun-holding hands (L & R)
- One pair of sword-holding hands (L & R)
- One grenade holding hand (R)
- One shaka / “hang loose” hand (L)
- One machine gun with removable ammo clip and opening grenade chamber
- Four 40mm style grenades (fit in the grenade launcher chamber)
- Four throwing grenades
- One katana with sheath (apparently one got lost)
- One handgun with removable clip
- One “One:12” Collective display base with logo
- One “One:12” Collective adjustable display post
The X-Men costume Deadpool figure can only be purchased on the official Mezco website or the Mezco Toyz booth at SDCC. The figure retails for $80, but it seems that their online inventory is sold out. If any collectors happen to be attending SDCC (DFTG will be attending as press), the company will be at booth number 3445. If interested, it would be wise to rush to the booth if you haven’t already pre-ordered.
What do you think of Mezco Toyz’s X-Men costume Deadpool? Are you a collector of fantastic recreations of the Merc with a Mouth? Do you prefer the classic red and black suit, or are you game for anything he wears as long as he stays sarcastic and deadly? Sound off in the comments section below. Head on over to Twitter and give DFTG a follow for around the clock coverage of the hottest news in gaming and entertainment…and toys, lots of toys.
Jon McAnally376 Posts
Hailing from the armpit of California, this most radical of nerds loves video games, comics, and collectibles (not dolls). Prepare to feast your eyes on the magical wonder that is his editorials.