Latest Fortnite Update Brings Campfires, World Fixes, And More – Full Patch Notes
If PUBG isn’t quite your thing, many players have been singing the praises of another battle royale game: Fortnite. Epic Games has been working around the clock to give online players the best experience possible, and that includes usual updates to make the play experience even smoother. The latest update brings with it some healers powers, stabilisation, and tons more! There are even some PC platform-specific adjustments as well.
To fascilitate the new update, the servers will be down at 4 AM ET on January 10th, with the matchmaking going down 30 minutes beforehand. The update itself isn’t expected to take too line, so you’ll be back in the fight in no time.
For the full patch notes, as per Epic Games, see below:
Happy New Year!
We know you have all been asking for bug fixes over the holiday season, and we are here to deliver. We’ve patched up a number of issues across Battle Royale and Save the World and made a number of quality of life improvements in this patch.
It’s cold outside! Gather around the fire with friends and heal up before your next battle. This healing trap must be placed on a floor and persists for 25 seconds.
- Heals 2 HP per second
- Blue rarity
- Can be found anywhere
NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights (PC Only)
Introducing ShadowPlay Highlights from NVIDIA! No longer will your friends have to “take your word” when you tell them about that mountain sliding snipe headshot. ShadowPlay will save plays automatically by default. You are also able to manually configure which plays get saved and customize it to fit your style. NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights is supported for all PC gamers using GeForce GTX 650 and above graphics cards.
To celebrate the launch of ShadowPlay Highlights, we are hosting a contest with a grand prize of four GTX 1070 graphics cards!
PATCH NOTES – BATTLE ROYALE
- The Boogie Bomb dance effect is now removed upon taking any damage. We will continue to monitor and iterate on this item’s functionality.
- Changed the Boogie Bomb rarity to blue/rare to more accurately represent its true rarity.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to pass through their recently built and edited structures.
- Fixed an issue which allowed sniper bullets to pass through players without applying any damage.
- Fixed an animation issue caused by entering the DBNO state while in the air.
- Increased the audible range of enemy footsteps, as well as their overall volume.
- We’re aware of an issue causing footsteps to sometimes play at irregular intervals when offscreen. We’re working on a fix now, expect it next update.
- Enemy footsteps are easier to hear when performing certain actions such as building, shooting, or collecting resources.
- Fixed an issue which caused sniper bullet impact sounds to trigger more than once per shot.
- Fixed the phantom bullet sounds that are sometimes heard throughout a match.
- Adjusted the volume of the AC/DC Pickaxe.
- Reduced the volume of the drone that teleports player out of each match.
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Push to Talk” setting to disappear from the Battle Royale settings when restoring default settings in Save the World.
- Shortened a few Daily Challenge descriptions which would run off the screen in a few languages.
- Daily challenge rewards are automatically collected if another challenge is completed in the same category.
- For instance, if you complete a Battle Pass daily challenge but do not “collect” the reward, the reward will automatically be collected upon completing the next Battle Pass daily challenge.
- Fortnite Battle Royale now supports NVIDIA ShadowPlay highlights on PC.
- Fixed a rare Battle Royale server crash.
PATCH NOTES – SAVE THE WORLD
Fixed an issue which caused crafting to fail even when there was space in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ninja smoke bombs to heal players even when the “Medicinal Fumes” perk wasn’t unlocked.
- The BASE MD perk now heals all allies on affected floors, and the perk properly applies only to the BASE placed by the Constructor.
- The Energized support perk now properly increases the damage of energy attacks.
- Known Issue: This perk is still failing to boost abilities like Shock Tower and BASE that spawn an object that deals energy damage.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving the Raider Nomad hero from the collection book.
- Players will be granted this hero automatically if they have reached Collection Book level 100.
- The “Winter’s Chill”, “Cold as Ice” and “Deep Freeze” quests specify that you and your team must complete a 7-day 15 zone survival mission. These quests could unintentionally be completed by finishing a 3-day 15, 40 or 70 zone survival mission.
- Fixed an issue that would award large amounts of seasonal gold even when failing an Evacuate the Shelter mission.
Fixed a rare crash that occurred when selecting “Reward Info” in the Collection Book.
What do you think about the latest Fortnite update? What are you hoping gets added in future patches? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert607 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.