Developer High Moon Studios Lend Design Talent to Destiny + Additional Details on The Dawning (Update 2.5.0)
Destiny 2 is in the works, PSX revealed a new Destiny holiday event called The Dawning (Update 2.5.0), Sparrow Racing makes its’ way back to the game, and here comes festive armor sets for each class. As long as you have the Rise of Iron, DLC, that is. Though the original design started with Bungie’s Lead Concept Artist Joseph Cross, Character Designer Ian McIntosh made headway with the inspirations. Be it a Hunter, Warlock, or Titan you choose – the new Dawning gear showcases royal blue, gold, and white as the color palette. White horns appear to be the centerpiece, sitting atop the helmet of each character. However, Activision-owned developing company High Moon Studios created and finalized the design for the Titan class (shown as second image from the left, first row). Priscilla Landerer, to be exact.
While the color scheme and theme are the same, the overall type and design by High Moon differs greatly from the other two created by Ian McIntosh.
Bungie certainly does not disappoint in their attempt to represent Winter cheer for the Dawning holiday update. It’s a great touch that the golden embroidery light up during the night. Yet, light reflects off of them during the day. Are the finer things in the details? I would say so. And, indeed, The Dawning is an update and not just a holiday patch. Curious to see what the changes will be? Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Student of History Trophy/Achievement or Sigil of the Young Wolf Emblem for attuning all of the Rise of Iron Artifacts
- Skeleton Keys have been adjusted
- Skeleton Keys drop rates have been slightly increased in the SIVA Crisis playlist, SIVA Crisis Heroic playlist, and weekly Nightfall
- Players will now receive a Skeleton Key for their first account Nightfall clear per week
- There is a guarantee drop of 1 key per account for the first Nightfall clear every week
- Characters who are level 40 will now automatically convert Uncommon Engrams(Green) to Weapon and Armor Materials on pickup
- Once you have reached max level, Green items are automatically dismantled upon pick-up
- Brother Vance now offers materials exchange for Passage Coins and Motes of Light
- Motes of Light can be used in exchange for Passage Coins through him
- Legendary Weapons obtained from the Gunsmith’s Rank 2 Quest can now be repurchased from the Gunsmith
- This may be popular with Guardians who dismantle Stillpiercer, Immobius, or Susanoo. These weapons are can be repurchased using Legendary Marks
The event begins on December 13th, 2016 and lasts until January 3rd, so you’ll have plenty of time to get a taste of the Destiny holiday spirit! Of course, the sooner you get on the bandwagon, the more chances you’ll have to open up presents! So, what do you think, gamers? Looking forward to The Dawning? What are your thoughts on the Titan design by High Moon? Love ’em, or hate ’em? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Hoi Duong1836 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.