New Fortnite Update Adds Winterfest Event, Custom Modes (VIDEO)
Fortnite is currently in the midst of its big Star Wars event, with numerous pieces of content introduced from the series’ latest film The Rise of Skywalker. While lightsabers and Jedi character Rey are sure to be great additions to the battle royale title, more is now on the way as part of the game’s latest update, chief among them being the holiday-themed Winterfest and a customizable anew match mode called Battle Lab.
As detailed by Epic Games, custom matches are now part of the online fun of Fortnite, the new Battle Lab mode enabling players to augment rules and match aspects (combat, gravity, fall damage) to their specific desires. Up to 15 friends are able to participate in the fun, either privately or in publically-available Battle Lab matches. Additionally, this new update has also rung in the game’s new holiday-themed Winterfest event, which gives players various free rewards each day that they log in. Check out the trailer for Winterfest below alongside a segment of v11.31 patch notes.
- Introducing Battle Lab:
- Jump into your own Battle Royale island and set the rules! Select from favorite LTM loot pools, set up combat scenarios with the new Bot Grenades, and create your own mode by setting options like gravity and fall damage.
- Fill your game with up to 15 friends on your own island, or matchmake with default options in a public Battle Lab.
- New home for Playground:
- Looking for Playground? We’ve incorporated Playground under Creative. Play Creative maps with others by queuing for Creative and choosing “Play” instead of “Create.”
- We have temporarily disabled the DirectX 12 beta. Thank you for participating — we’ve gained valuable information. We’re going to make some improvements and re-open the doors in early 2020.
- Bug fixes:
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Join Party” option through “Joinable Parties” not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.
What do you think? Are you interested in crafting your own modes in Fortnite, or are you in it for the fun Winterfest freebies? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1838 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.