Fortnite: Thanos Has Arrived – How To Play As The Mad Titan (VIDEO)
It’s official: Fortnite is taking over the world. With the Battle Bus traversing the far reaches of the land, players seemingly can’t get enough of the game and its popular Battle Royale mode. This is especially true now that there is a limited time mashup between the title and Avengers: Infinity War. The new event brings The Mad Titan himself to the fight, and gives gamers a chance to become Thanos and wield the Infinity Gauntlet.
A few changes have arrived with the new event, but we’ll get into all of that fun stuff later. For now, let’s focus on how one becomes Thanos. After a round of Battle Royale begins, a meteor will come crashing down within the safe zone, with the payload being none other than the Infinity Gauntlet. Once a player obtains the Gauntlet, they will transform into Thanos. All of his abilities, features, and more can be found below, as well as everything new that has arrived with the update. But first, let’s take a look at the trailer:
LIMITED TIME MASHUP: INFINITY GAUNTLET
- Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!
- Mashup Details
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- Stats are recorded for this LTM and can be found in the Solo tab.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
- Thanos Details
- Ability 1 – A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 – Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 – Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 – A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
- Storm + Map
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
Fortnite is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and iOS devices. We don’t know how long the limited time event will last, but we can imagine it won’t be long. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Far Cry 5 Arcade Map Editor Allows YouTuber To Recreate Island From ‘Lost’ (VIDEO)
- GTA 5 Mod Adds Battle Royale Features, 70 Characters, Power-Ups And More (VIDEO)
- Next Minecraft ‘Aquatic’ Update Confirmed As Last For Legacy Consoles
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to wield the Infinity Gauntlet in Fortnite? Do you love seeing developers making this sort of thing happen in games? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2223 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.