Fortnite Update Brings Two New LTMs, Jetpacks And Legendaries Galore
It’s almost as if Epic Games is actively attempting to take over the world. The latest update, which you can read all about right here, has brought two new limited time modes to Fortnite. One of them brings players a bit closer to one another, with the invasion of personal space being a very real thing. The other is an updated version of a previous mode that was pure… gold.
The first new mode Epic has detailed is Close Encounters. We can only imagine the amount of rage quitting that will take place during this mode, because it involves jetpacks, shotguns, and a storm that is quicker, deadlier, and it just needs to stop doing that. Go away, storm! Here’s more about Close Encounters:
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in Chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun types are spawned as Floor Loot.
- The storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Close Encounters will be added to Fortnite later this week, but Epic has not provided a specific date. However, the mode that is currently available in Battle Royale is Solid Gold v2. As is indicated by the name, this is the second iteration of the mode. Bigger and better than ever, this mode drops only legendary weapons, while also decreasing the amount of bandages that are dropped. A small detail, but surely a lethal one. Here’s everything you need to know about the return of Solid Gold:
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold v2
- All weapon drops are legendary!
- Floor Drops: High chance of Hand Cannon & Suppressed Pistols. Low chance of Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle.
- Chests: High chance of Assault Rifle, Minigun & Sniper Rifle. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Rocket/Grenade Launchers. No Pistols.
- Supply Drops: High chance of Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Medium chance of Sniper Rifles. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Assault Rifles. No Pistols.
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming.
- Stone Floor Drops increased to 60 per pickup.
- Metal Floor Drops increased to 90 per pickup.
- Increased drop rates of: Chug Jugs, Slurp Juice, Shields, all Special Grenades, Launch Pads and Campfires.
- Decreased drop rates of: Grenades, Spike Traps and Bandages.
Solid Gold v2 is currently available in Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode, as is the new update on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and iOS devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Black Ops 4 Developer Responds To Story Campaign Complaints
- Resident Evil 7 Nintendo Switch Port Confirmed With ‘Cloud Edition’ (VIDEO)
- Final Fantasy Tactics Director Reveals Images Of Canceled Sequel
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to get your hands on the jetpacks? Will you be sinking some serious time into the new limited time modes? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1695 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.