Fortnite: The Lowdown On The New Disco Domination LTM
Fortnite is continuing its world domination with weekly content, the latest of which has bestowed many gifts upon its players. Epic Games has unveiled what’s new in the mega popular Battle Royale title with the release of this week’s patch notes. The update has been given life on the servers, and it has brought a few goodies, especially one that will make combatants want to break out their dancing shoes.
Boogie Bombs are a staple in the realm of Fortnite Battle Royale, and the new Limited Time Mode aims to bring the art of dance into the heat of battle more than ever. Sure, players can dance on others all they want on regular basis, but the new LTM takes things a step further. Putting a new spin on the popular 50v50 mode, Disco Domination mixes a capture the flag-like element with respawning and more to give fans something to get down to.
According to the patch notes, here’s what Disco Domination is all about:
LIMITED TIME MODE: DISCO DOMINATION
It’s time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!
- Two teams of fifty players.
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
- The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.
Protect all of the dance floors and boogie until the sun comes up for your chance at sweet Victory Royale. It’s unknown just how long this LTM will be available for, so it’s best that you get to dancing as soon as possible. Fortnite is currently available on Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Fallout 76: Character Creator, Vault 76 Explored In New Gameplay (VIDEO)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Developer Enters Partnership With Studio Behind Dying Light PvP
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Giveaways Include PlayStation 4 Pro And Free Theme (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to get down in Disco Domination? What other sort of LTM would you like to see in the game? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1284 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.