Fortnite Account Merging Finally Goes Live, Here’s How To Do It
It was just last year when Sony gave into years of fan requests and finally enabled PlayStation 4 cross-play with other platforms. Having “accidentally” accomplished the task in the past, Fortnite was one of the first to officially enable the inclusive functionality and allow the game’s legion of fans the pleasure of battle royale amongst consoles, PC, and mobile devices.
As a final measure of universal cross-play Epic Games promised the ability to merge players’ accounts, allowing a single line of progression for goodies such as XP, V-Bucks, and cosmetic items without the need start over. According to Epic Games, the anticipated feature has now officially gone live, requiring only a simple set of steps before everything is all bundled up and ready to go. The Epic Games website informs:
You’ll choose two accounts, first a Primary Account that you wish to continue using. Then you’ll choose a Secondary Account to merge and disable. Your secondary accounts Console Login (e.g. PSN, Xbox Live, Nintendo Online) will be instantly linked to your Primary Account. Two weeks later your Fortnite Cosmetic Items and V-Bucks will be transferred to your Primary Account.”
Following the above overview, Epic laid out a list of important information that users should know before starting the account merging process. This notably outlines a select series of items that can’t yet be merged across accounts, unfortunately leaving Creative Islands and progress in Save The World mode behind. Those who see no reason to stop can begin merging their Epic accounts right here.
- One account must have played on Xbox One or Switch and the other on PS4 before September 28th 2018 to be eligible.
- Your account must not currently be banned or disabled.
- In-game items and Vbucks will be held for two weeks before they’re merged to your primary account.
- You’ll need access to all email addresses that are associated with accounts you wish to merge
- If you have duplicate 3rd party login like Facebook on both your Primary and Secondary account, the Secondary login will be unlinked. You can unlink it prior to merging.
- Battle Royale will allow you to merge all cosmetic items. Save the World will allow you to merge Llamas, Defenders, Heroes, Schematics, Survivors, XP, Evolution and Perk Materials.
- Other Items such as Unreal Marketplace items, Creative Islands, and Save The World account level and progress will not be merged over from your secondary account
Fortnite is out now for Android, iOS, Mac, Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
What do you think? Are you happy to see account merging go live in Fortnite, or are you upset that Save The World progress is being left out? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1375 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.