Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Launch Trailer Revealed (VIDEO)
With Square Enix having officially wrapped its E3 2019 presentation, fans are now picking through all that was revealed, including the absolutely stellar gameplay trailer from the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers. While the red carpet was understandably rolled out for the Final Fantasy VII Remake, another Final Fantasy title had an impressive showing as well, with game director Naoki Yoshida appearing onstage to reveal the launch trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Check out the official launch trailer for the latest expansion below:
There is a ton to unpack within the trailer, with loads of new voice-over dialogue to listen to mixed in with some of the footage that was previously revealed earlier this year. There was also the weighty revelation that came towards the end of the trailer, suggesting that Hydaelyn – what is considered to be the goddess by most of the humanoid races – may be something else entirely. Thankfully we won’t have to wait too long to learn more, as the Shadowbringers expansion officially launches on July 2. Here’s a glimpse at what’s to come in the new expansion:
- Story – Hero becomes villain as the Warrior of Light embraces the dark, and embarks upon an adventure that transcends worlds.
- Titania Trial – A being of great power, Titania holds sway over the pixies and other fae folk of Il Mheg─folk who, despite their notoriously temperamental natures, bow before their ruler one and all.
- Innocence Trial – Innocence sits at the top of the hierarchy of sin eaters─the beings that emerged from the Flood to plague what remains of mankind. Beyond that, its nature and purpose remain shrouded in mystery.
- New Races – Explore the new content as the beastly Hrothgar, or the graceful Viera.
- More to come – New tribes, areas, cities, and dungeons await players when Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers launches on July 2.
So, thoughts on the latest trailer? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2167 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.