Fallout 76 Wastelanders Update Coming Soon, Steam Release Date Revealed
There is no denying that Fallout 76 saw one of the roughest launches in gaming over the past decade or so, with Bethesda seemingly only making things worse at every turn. Despite that, however, the devs haven’t given up, and they decided to keep their heads down and work on the massive Wastelanders update, which now has an official release date along with a Steam launch date.
Bethesda recently took to their website to announce that the Wastelanders update will be arriving on April 7th. For those who don’t know, the free DLC will be overhauling Fallout 76 in a big way, bringing human NPCs, new and revamped main story quests, new gear, creatures, and so much more. You can check out a bit more about all of this below:
- New Main Quest and Revamped Original Main Quest – Uncover the secrets of West Virginia by playing through an all-new main quest as well as a revamped original main quest line – with friends or solo – starting from the moment you leave Vault 76. New and veteran players alike will take on new missions, explore new locations and fight with (or against) the new faces that have made their long-awaited return to West Virginia.
- Human NPCs – Befriend or betray new neighbors who have come to rebuild, and experience Appalachia through the eyes of its residents.
- New Creatures and Gear – Take down newly mutated creatures finding their way to the region and earn the highest tier of weapons and armor.
- Choices and Reputation – Alter the fates of those you meet with classic dialogue trees. Decisions affect your standing with each faction through an all-new reputation system.
April 7th also happens to be the same day that Fallout 76 will officially be making its way to Steam. One of the problems some Fallout fans had with the launch of the game was the fact that they needed to download it through Bethesda’s own launcher. Of course, this was one of the minor issues with the title, and one can only hope we see the same kind of comeback that the likes of No Man’s Sky pulled when Wastelanders arrives.
Fallout 76 is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- These Pokémon Switch Controllers Are Based On Sword And Shield Starters
- Resident Evil 3 Devs Aim To “Surpass” RE2 Remake’s Mr. X With Nemesis
- New Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer Shows Off Cross-Dressing Cloud, Red XIII, And More (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you more excited for the release of Wastelanders or the fact that Fallout 76 is finally coming to Steam? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1662 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.