Blizzard’s Diablo 3 Necromancer Closed Beta is Now Live
A highly anticipated addition to the third installment of the franchise has arisen! The closed beta for the Diablo 3 Necromancer is now live, a testing phase for the new nephilim is an event that is exclusively by invitation only. Of course, there’s still a chance to be selected and a how-to guide will be linked below. The announcement for this class was released at BlizzCon last year and many dedicated gamers were excited by this news. Aside from the fact that the classic Amazon, Sorcerer, and Paladin were desperately wanted, it seemed like Blizzard was finally delivering something the community wanted. For a sneak peek on what to expect, the studio even showcased some of the skills and runes.
Players selected for the closed beta will be notified and a license can be accessed via the Blizzard Account Management page, prompting a selection for the Diablo 3 Necromancer Beta Test. Of course, it should go without saying that the Blizzard client must be downloaded in order to proceed. There are a few changes and additions coming in as Patch 2.6.0 – v184.108.40.206923 aside from the obvious Necromancer class, which can be viewed below:
New Feature: Challenge Rifts
- Explore new builds created by fellow players in a weekly static dungeon. You can access these through the main screen, similar to Adventure Mode and Campaign Mode.
- Note: New Challenge Rifts may be available more frequently during the beta.
New Class: Necromancer
- As a master of the dark arts, you wield the powers of life and death necessary to restore the Balance! Necromancers are powerful spell casters who lay waste to their enemies using curses and reanimation—along with an obedient cadre of pets. This new class employs a controlled gameplay style using the raw materials of life: blood and bone.
New Zones: The Moors & The Temple of the Firstborn
- The fog-enshrouded Moors and the darkened Temple of the Firstborn can be explored in Adventure Mode through a new waypoint on the Act 2 map.
- The user interface has been updated to better explain tier completion requirements.
With this, the basic completion tier must be finished within the given time limit.
- Four new Waypoints have appeared in Act IV. Each one has bounties to complete. These Realms of Fate are the unintended consequences of the battle between the nephalem and Diablo in the High Heavens.
For a chance to participate in the Diablo 3 Necromancer Closed Beta, follow the instruction on the Diablo 3 blog here! If players are selected, further instructions await here. Have you received an invitation? What do you think of the class? Do you think it will live up to the Necromancer in Diablo 2? Feel free to leave any thoughts or comments in the section below or begin a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers official Disqus channel, Facebook, or Twitter! For more Blizzard and Diablo 3 news, check out the articles below:
- Blizzard Showcases Skills and Runes of the New Necromancer Class in Diablo 3
- Blizzard Answers Fan Questions About Necromancers for Diablo 3 in New Q&A Video
- Activision Blizzard Studios has “Big Plans” for a Call of Duty Franchise-Based Movie
- Blizzard Designer Thinks Bringing Hearthstone to Nintendo Switch is a “Discussion Worth Having”
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.