Destiny 2 Free Content Detailed, Including “New Light,” Steam Progression, and More
Bungie revealed some pretty big news prior to E3 to show in how serious they are about the “new era” of Destiny 2 following the Activision split. Now the studio is taking what they revealed and are giving interested players in a general outline of what free content is on the way, including the drastically changing “New Light” segment.
First and foremost, all Destiny 2 players will automatically be given access to New Light while keeping everything prior to that change. Below are a few other questions that Bungie answered regarding new Destiny 2 details:
- Free roam on all destinations
- Strikes playlists
- Crucible playlists
- Gambit and Gambit Prime playlists
- Select Annual Pass content
- The Forsaken campaign
- Year 2 raids and dungeons
- Exotic quests
- Cross save will preserve all gear, character, and items across all platforms regardless of entitlements.
- Expansion ownership (Forsaken, Shadowkeep) is tied to the platform’s store it was purchased on. Players will need to purchase expansions on each platform that they wish to play that expansion content on.
Liana Ruppert580 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.