Dying Light 2 Dev Talks About How Many Playthoughs Are Needed to Get “Everything”
We already knew that Dying Light 2 would have multiple endings, but what we didn’t know was how different those endings truly are. After getting our hands on a demo during E3 this year with our appointment with the Techland team, we saw firsthand how differently the storyline can go based on just one simple mission. With the help of our sister site Prima Games, we now know just how replayable this horror title truly is.
When speaking with Prima Games, one dev, in particular, mentioned “I would say at least 4, possibly even 5” playthroughs would be needed to get everything this title has to offer. One choice can offer a whole new host of enemies, whereas the other option completely changes the world forever.
This also stems off of what the Dying Light 2 team mentioned earlier when saying that one playthrough only unlocks 50% of the game, but who knew that a second run would not unlock the remaining 50?
It looks like an awesome ride with the inclusion of choice-based banter, high-level consequences, and more freedom mechanically than ever before. We, unfortunately, don’t have a release date at this time, though we do know Dying Light 2 is slated for a 2020 window.
For more about Dying Light 2:
“You are Aiden Caldwell, an infected survivor. Your exceptional agility and brutal combat skills make you a powerful ally and a valuable commodity in this dangerous world. You can achieve things no one else can. Enter places no one else dares. With your unique abilities you have the power to be an agent of change within this decaying metropolis.”
Dying Light 2 features:
- YOUR CHOICES, YOUR WORLD
- You must make tough decisions and hard sacrifices as you decide the fate of a society on the brink of collapse. The effect of the choices you make will have a huge impact on entire regions of the city, uncovering new land masses and areas to explore.
- EXCEPTIONAL AGILITY AND BRUTAL COMBAT
- On your journey from humble beginnings to a person of great power, you have unprecedented freedom of movement across the city, seamlessly integrated with brutal first person combat.
- A MODERN DARK AGE
- In a desperate city, where resources and power are scarce, unstable, and trust in ruling bodies is all but eroded; humankind has reverted to a dark age. Civilization is gone but the relics are still there. This is a violent, primal & unforgiving world – and so are its inhabitants.
- THE INFECTION HAS EVOLVED
- The infection has evolved and become more sensitive to UV light. Society exists in the relative safety of sunlight, while the infected hide in the shadows of buildings. At night the infected roam the streets freely searching for prey, presenting opportunities for you to explore areas of the city inaccessible by day.
- 2-4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY
- Play the entire campaign in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join other players’ and see how their choices have played out differently to your own and how they have shaped their world differently to yours.
Liana Ruppert578 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.