Borderlands 2 DLC That Bridges The Gap To Borderlands 3 Available Now (VIDEO)
Borderlands 3 is set to release later this year, but one of the biggest questions on players minds (other than its variety of crazy weapons) was how it might ultimately connect to the previous games. Though one might think we’d have to wait months for such a glorious treat, Gearbox has revealed a new DLC for Borderlands 2 bridging the events of the sequel to the upcoming third entry.
Revealed at E3 2019, Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary was confirmed a release for Borderlands 2, available immediately as a free DLC for anyone who owns a current-gen version of the game. “Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and a toxic gas is poisoning Pandora,” reads the content’s description. “Battle new bosses, explore new areas, collect new loot (including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary), and join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on ruling the planet.” Check out the Commander Lilith trailer below.
Alongside the new Borderlands 3-inspired adventure, the new DLC will gave players a bit more extras when going into Borderlands 2. Higher-tier loot, new customization skins, and a beefed up level cap are just a few of the updates one can expect when catching a riiiide back to the Pandoran wasteland. Check out a rundown of features below:
- LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
- WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
- CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!
- ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and a new Raid Boss!
- AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
- LEVEL CAP: Pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72) and challenge yourself to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.
Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary is available now in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The DLC is only free for a limited time, officially expiring on July 9th at 12am.
What do you think? Are you beyond hyped to have another Borderlands 2 DLC, or are you still just thinking about all those Borderlands 3 guns? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall2712 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his biweekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.