Rage 2: Rise Of The Ghosts Expansion Revealed At E3 2019 (VIDEO)
Running and gunning in the desert is currently all the rage these days in Rage 2, the hyperactive Bethesda shooter offering a pretty crazy world for players to immerse themselves in. While the experience hasn’t been for everyone, developers Avalanche and id Software are keeping fans well-stocked with a myriad of content to make the most out the game’s uniquely-wild wasteland.
One of these big additions is the newly-revealed Rise of the Ghosts expansion, a add-on that Bethesda describes as “an entirely new questline, region to explore, and faction to the game, in addition to a new weapon and ability to add to your already impressive arsenal.” A peek at this new piece of content was teased during Bethesda’s recent E3 presentation, where the ominous content featured alongside the game’s signature array of top-notch sarcasm and over-the-top humor. Check out the Rise of the Ghosts trailer below.
Before the ghostly expansion goes live “later this year,” it’s also said that Avalanche and id Software are looking to take player requests into consideration, the team currently “working on new difficulty modes and a New Game+ mode,” with plans to start rolling them out “in the coming weeks.” The next month of Rage 2 content is outlined below:
- Pilotable Mech “Boom Bringer” vehicle – Mechs aren’t just for the River Hogs anymore. Hop into the new Boom Bringer Mech and…. Well, bring the boom. And the explosions. And the mindboggling amounts of pain.
- Global Worming dynamic event – Aside from having a really excellent name, the Global Worming event introduces the Sand Worm, a massive new enemy that will require all your Ranger skills to take down.
- Bug Swarm dynamic event – Don’t you love leaving your house in the warmer months and immediately being assaulted by millions of flying insects? Yeah, neither do we. Let’s kill all those little bastards.
- One-wheeled “Armadillo” vehicle – The name is cute, and if you ask us, the vehicle is pretty cute, too. Cute in an “Oh god, it’s coming this way and it’s not slowing down and it’s going to run right over me” kind of way. So maybe not that cute. Definitely rad, though. (Did you know that armadillos can transmit leprosy to humans? So cute!)
- “Ghost” motorcycle – Be the edgiest kid in the wasteland with the new Ghost motorcycle. A hint of what’s to come in the upcoming Rise of the Ghosts expansion, perhaps?
- Stanley Express missions – Visit key locations around the map and find Stanley, an excellent source of missions and a machine-shaped friend.
- New Cheats – Get the TV fatal and OzzyMan voice packs, the Rejector Seat Cheat, and more!
- New weapon skins
- New Daily Events
- New Wasteland Challenges and Community Events
Rage 2 is out now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
What do you think? Are you feeling the insanity that is Rage 2, or are you still not too enthused? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1713 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.