Battlefield 1 Easter Update Goes Live With Much Needed Stability Improvements
DICE has released a new patch for their World War 1 era FPS, and this Battlefield 1 Easter update is bringing some much needed improvements to the title. First and foremost, the team focused on making enhancements to the graphics and playability side of the house. For instance, the bloom effects have seen a much needed overhaul which has been in high demand by many players. These changes to the exposure system make looking outside from darker areas, to areas with more light outside, less light intensive.
Another highly requested item is the mid-round team balancer. This will help bring some much needed fairness to matches, where sometimes things get significantly one-sided. Of course, there is factors that go into play like a 3-player difference and evaluation of players contribution to the team – all which can be seen in the patch notes below. Other items that saw improvements were: weapons, vehicles, gadgets, maps, modes, UI and much more. Plenty of details to check out on the Battlefield 1 Easter update before heading back out to the Great War to bash skulls in.
Check out all the details on the latest Battlefield 1 Easter update via Dice:
STABILITY AND MATCH EXPERIENCE
- Improved stability on all platforms.
- Improved matchmaking into Battlefield 1 Apocalypse maps.
- Enabled a Mid-Round Team Balancer, following the below criteria:
- There are 10 or more players in the server.
- There must be a mid-round change to the player count in the match.
- If the team sizes differ by at least 3 players, an imbalance will be indicated and after 30 seconds the teams will be rebalanced.
- Players will be evaluated by the amount of score they have contributed and duration of time they have been on the team – the higher in both criteria will lessen, or remove, your chances of moving.
- If a player is moved by the Mid-Round Team Balancer, they will not be moved a second time.
- Players in parties will not be moved.
- Players in squads are less likely to be moved.
- The Mid-Round Team Balancer will wait until a player has lost their life before switching teams; if a player is already in the deploy screen when the balancing occurs, they would need to deploy and lose their life before being moved.
WEAPONS, VEHICLES, AND GADGETS
- Fixed an issue in Caporetto where the Heavy Bomber spawned too low on the Austrian-Hungarian side and took damage from the ground immediately upon spawning in.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally detonated Tripwires when they didn’t trip on the device.
- Fixed an issue where the Howell Automatic Sniper had different ammo count to the Factory variant.
- Fixed an issue where the Dreadnought horn occasionally would not stop blaring.
MAPS AND MODES
- Improved visibility when looking outside while standing indoors. We have addressed the following maps:
- Ballroom Blitz
- Sinai Desert
- Verdun Heights
- Lupkow Pass
- Heligoland Bight
- Improved the balance of Volga River in the Red Tide Operation.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to reach unintended rooftops in Amiens.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter invisible collision after destroying bridges on Amiens.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter invisible collision when existing the fort on Monte Grappa.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter invisible collision near the D capture flag in Fao Fortress.
- Fixed the fidelity of some trees on the River Somme map.
UNLOCKS AND PLAYER JOURNEY
- Corrected the rarity grade of the PTFO weapon skins to Legendary.
- Corrected the rarity grade of the Incarcerator weapon skin to Distinguished.
- Fixed an issue where the Reaper Affliction would trigger a constant grunting sound effect while the player was taking damage.
UX AND UI
- Fixed an issue where long Platoon names sometimes would run out of the Best Squad list.
- Fixed an issue where the Howell Automatic Rifle Grenade HE gadget was missing an icon.
- Fixed an issue where the Doughboy M1911 occasionally would not display in the Customize screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Trench Clearer skin on the M1909 would not appear in the Customize screen.
- Fixed the thumbnail for the Battle of Festubert skin on the Automatico M1918.
- Fixed an issue where players who are using VOIP were not being indicated on the End of Round screen.
- Fixed an issue where the map voting images for London Calling: Scourge and London Calling: Raiders did not appear.
- Fixed an issue where the Operation name remained on screen when entering the Best Squad screen.
- Fixed an issue where the player would not return to the Globe after canceling the matchmaking initiated through the “Join Any Operation” button.
- Fixed an issue where the capture progress indicator would display the incorrect color when planting explosives at the telegraph in Frontlines.
- Fixed an issue where various weapons were missing components when viewing them in the Modify screen on the front-end menus.
- Fixed an issue with z-fighting (two graphical objects occupying the same coordinates, making the game engine show both in a flickering way.) This appeared on the magazine of the Autoloading 8.25 Extended when viewing it in the Modify screen with the Battle of Cote 304 skin equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the rarity indication colors were missing for Distinguished and Legendary skins when opening the Assault Edition Class Battlepack.
What do you think of all the improvements being made in the Battlefield 1 Easter update? What else would you like to see added or fixed in the title? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.