World Of Warcraft: Shadowland Pre-Sales Reach Record Heights (VIDEO)
Blizzard received a fair amount of feedback after they announced the initial release date of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. The developer was urged by the WoW community to make additional polishes and balance changes to the game before it released. Taking heed of their suggestions, Blizzard eventually announced the expansion’s delay to a release later this month. Now, the company is seeing the highest pre-sale records of any previous release.
“We’ve seen unprecedented engagement trends since the [World of Warcraft] subscriber base doubled following the launch of Classic last year,” said during an earnings call (via PCGamer). “Pre-sales of the upcoming Shadowlands expansion are the highest we’ve seen at this stage ahead of any release.”
— World of Warcraft (@Warcraft) November 1, 2020
“Franchise engagement is at its highest level for this stage ahead of an expansion in a decade,” Activision Blizzard COO Daniel Alegre added.
As the next great expansion for World of Warcraft, Shadowlands adds five new zones, enemies, story quests, and a list of other content and new features. Players get to hang out at a new player hub called Oribos, the Eternal City and align themselves with one of four covenants – NecroLord, Kyrian, Venthyr, or Night Fae – all of which have their own respective campaigns, signature abilities, armor sets, pets, mounts, and more.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Features
- Leveled-up leveling – New Level Cap: 60
- New character customization
- Varied skin tons, facial features, tattoos, hairstyles, earrings, and more
- New feature – Infinite Dungeon: Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Covenants – NecroLord, Kyrian, Venthyr, and Night Fae
- New player hub: Oribos, the Eternal City
- New world: Shadowlands
- Five new zones: Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, Bastion, Ravendreth, and The Maw
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands makes its global debut on November 23rd at 3:00 PM (PST). Times will vary per region. For more information on exact release times, check here. Those looking for all the nitty gritty details of the expansion, check out the main page here.
Thoughts on the progress of Shadowlands since the delay announcement? What do you think of the previews so far? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Vampire: The Masquerade Battle Royale Revealed, Release Set For 2021 (VIDEO)
- Everspace 2 Early Access Pushed Back Due To Cyberpunk 2077 Delay
- Silent Hill Game Rumored For PS5 Exclusive Reveal Later This Year
- The Witcher Series Celebrates Halloween With New Monster Sneak Peek (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2125 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.