The Last Campfire Trailer Revealed At The Game Awards 2018 (VIDEO)
The Game Awards 2018 brought with it loads of world premieres, including the reveal of the Stranger Things 3 game and the teaser for Dragon Age 4. No Man’s Sky developer Hello Games also threw its hat into the ring last night, revealing the first trailer for its upcoming game The Last Campfire. An adventure game, The Last Campfire tells the story of “a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home.” Check out the trailer below:
According to the developer, The Last Campfire is being referred to as a ‘Hello Games Short.’ Like Pixar shorts it’s a way to foster creativity and new voices in the studio,” said founder Sea Murray. “We started by making Joe Danger, before No Man’s Sky, and we want to pay forward our success to give others the opportunity to do the same.”
I’m so proud that just two of our team has been able to make something so artistically interesting, and so fun and unique to play. It reminds me of why I love working at Hello Games.”
There is currently no word on pricing or availability, though a listing for the game has appeared on Steam. Here’s the description of the title courtesy of the Steam page:
- Discover a Purpose – The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home.
- On a Journey – Travel deeper into the lands beyond the dark forest and overcome the adversities before you.
- Uncover a World – Discover beautiful wilderness filled with lost folk, strange creatures and mysterious ruins.
- Light the Last Campfire – Find hope and carry it with you on your Journey to light The Last Campfire.
- From a Small Studio – A unique tale from Hello Games and the creative minds behind LostWinds.
The Last Campfire releases at some point in 2019.
So, thoughts on the upcoming title from Hello Games? What other reveals from The Game Awards 2018 are you interested in? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2653 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.