New Sea of Thieves Update Addresses Griefing And Needed Bug Fixes
A new Sea of Thieves update has released, bringing some important changes to the game that will help increase honor among pirates. One of the ways the developers at Rare are addressing this aspect is to reduce the possibility of griefing. This is being accomplished by extending the range at which a ship can respawn after being sunk. The newly spawned ship will be birthed outside of visible range from the vessel that sent it down to Davy Jones locker. In doing so, this should help reduce players ability to quickly climb aboard and immediately begin the attack again.
Another new change in the Sea of Thieves update ensures that players will need to drop any treasure they are currently carrying before utilizing the “Teleport back to ship” option from the mermaid. Some players found that when they selected the option while carrying some form of loot, it was forever lost due to the teleport. Other fixes that were deployed in this new release focus on bringing important bug fixes to a close and other general improvements to the title.
Below are the details on the latest Sea of Thieves update via Rare:
- Ship respawn distance – When a ship sinks, we have significantly increased the distance at which the crews new ship will respawn. Ships will now respawn outside of visible view of the ship that sank them. This is in response to lots of player feedback which highlighted that the previous spawn distance was resulting in “griefing” behaviour and stalemates at the forts!
- Mermaid Teleport – Pirates will now have to drop any treasure item they are carrying before being able to see the ‘Teleport back to ship’ option from the mermaid. We saw feedback that players were accidentally leaving treasure behind in the sea, so wanted to make it more clear that when you teleport you leave your treasure behind!
- [PC Only] Players should no longer experience the 0x80070005 error or get stuck at 99% during installation.
- Players are no longer able to fall through the ship geometry and into the sea if they are to repeatedly jump on the chests/barrel located mid deck
- The voyage image on the captain’s table now displays the rank (promotion) banner in the top right corner, to keep in line with other areas of the game UI.
- When accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking, the game no longer enters a temporary unresponsive state.
- Bounty Captains will no longer spawn multiple times.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- Achievements earned prior to March 29th are delayed, but will be awarded once our fix is applied.
- Some players are unable to equip a second weapon.
- Some players have not received their Black Dog Pack code.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found.
If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.
What do you think about the details of the new Sea of Thieves update? What else would you like to see added or corrected in the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert529 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.