Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition Revealed, Pre-Orders Now Available
After speculation and leaks, the long-anticipated Resident Evil 3 remake was formally revealed at State of Play, showing off a stunning modern reimagining of the classic survival-horror threequel. While there was much to appreciate during the showcase, Capcom has revealed an additional Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition, collecting a number of premium goodies for the game’s 2020 release.
As revealed in a new blog post, Jill Valentine’s terror-filled exodus of Raccoon City will be commemorated with an 11-inch figure, the S.T.A.R.S. member striking a fittingly battle-ready pose. Priced at $179.99, the package also includes a nifty art book, a replica map of Raccoon City, as well as soundtrack downloads for both Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil Resistance. Additionally, those that pre-order will also have access to the Classic Costume Pack, giving Jill and Carlos their looks from the original 90s game. Check out an image of the collection below alongside official details via GameStop.
Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition includes:
- Resident Evil 3 Standard Game
- Jill Valentine Figure
- An 11-inch, finely-crafted figure of Jill Valentine, based on her latest in-game design from Resident Evil 3.
- “Project: N” & “Project: R” Art Book
- A classified file containing photographs, reports, and documents of Raccoon City procured by Umbrella Corporation during their various experiments.
- Raccoon City Double-Sided Poster
- One side depicts a Raccoon City map utilized by survivors during the horrible zombie outbreak as a means of avoiding imminent threats. The other side showcases a healthier side of Raccoon City before its outbreak with a collage of ads and placements citizens may have seen on a stroll across the city.
- Digital Double Album Soundtrack
- A voucher code containing a double album soundtrack filled with haunting tracks from both Resident Evil 3 and the multiplayer game Resident Evil Resistance.
All these premium goodies are sure to catch the eye of fans, especially as many of the items look as though they have some crisp detail. However, if one is on a budget, the $180 price tag might prove to be a major point of contention, even if the touted ‘finely-crafted’ Jill figure might warrant such a steep price. Still, it’s worth noting that the Classic Costume Pack is not exclusive to the Collector’s Edition, as the Standard Edition of RE3 will award early purchases with the throwback DLC as well. Pre-orders for the Standard Edition are currently only available on PlayStation Store, with other platforms expected to follow soon.
Resident Evil 3 releases for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 3rd, 2020.
What do you think? Are you unable to keep from drooling over this Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition, or do you feel the standard version will properly suit your gaming needs? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall2031 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.