Rainbow Six Siege Server Maintenance Update, Full ‘Operation Health’ Details Included
Ubisoft announced a server maintenance update that will be affecting all major platforms supporting Rainbow Six Siege including Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. According to the company blog page, update 2.2.1 is the “first push” for Operation Health which aims to solve general problems and “investing in better technology” for the subsequent years, in order to improve the overall user experience.
This will continue on for the next 3 months within three different “pillars” or phases – “technological improvements” (2.2.1), “new deployment process” (2.2.2), and “bug fix sprints” (2.2.3). Some of the details for this maintenance may be moved over to 2.2.2 in order to maintain stability and server integrity. Below is the maintenance schedule and full patch details:
- PlayStation 4 (9AM to 10AM EDT)
- Xbox One (10AM to 11AM EDT)
- PC/Steam/Uplay (11AM to 11:59AM EDT)
Rainbow Six Siege “Operation Health” Server Update (2.2.1)
- One Step Matchmaking
- We are focusing on the testing and implementation of One Step Matchmaking. We are currently testing this on the TTS.
- Map Fixes
- Our level design team will be taking a pass on all maps to correct various bugs/glitches.
- Game Crashes
- Our technical team will be reviewing the layers of code that are leading to game crashes. This will provide you with a more stable playing experience.
- Hit Boxes
- Currently being tested on the Technical Test Server, the hit box refactor is continuing to under-go further testing prior to being deployed to the live build of the game.
- Spawn Killing
- We have seen the community’s frustrations regarding spawn killing, and our level design teams will be taking steps to mitigate the locations where this is still possible. To be clear, spawn killing is when a Defender is able to kill you within seconds of spawning. Running towards the objective and dying for not using cover is not considered spawn killing.
- Join in Progress
- We do not intend for players to be placed into Ranked matches that are already in progress. We are also going to be working on the various bugs encountered by people when they join a match in progress in Casual.
- Defuser issues (audio, planting, destroying)
- Interaction with the Defuser is not always fluid and intuitive, and sometimes does not work as intended. We will be doing a pass on the Defuser as a whole to address these issues. The various Defuser issues will be worked on throughout the entirety of Operation Health.
- Glaz will be receiving some attention. Stay tuned for details!
- Maintenance Notes
- Rank reset
- In-game background art change for Operation Health
For an in-depth FAQ on Operation Health and other details in relation, check out the post here. Any thoughts on the patch notes for server maintenance 2.2.1? What do you think of some of the changes? Feel free to leave any thoughts or comments in the section below or begin a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers official Facebook and Twitter! For more awesome gaming and related news, check out the articles below:
Hoi Duong2113 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.