Quake Champions Set to Hit Early Access Next Week With New Features
Quake has been one of the most recognizable and popular first person shooters over the past two decades. Developed by id Software and a bounty of others over the years, the series has been known for its quick-paced action and all around destruction. The latest entry, Quake Champions, provides that same amount of high-octane entertainment and keeps pretty close to the same format.
While the newest addition to the Quake family has been in beta for some time, it is gearing up to spread its wings and soar. In a recent announcement by Bethesda Softworks, the publisher revealed that Quake Champions will be making the move to early access on August 22. The Champions Pack will set you back $29.99, but that will include the following:
- All 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, Wolfenstein’s BJ Blazkowicz, and the new DOOM Slayer
- All future Champions, including at least six additional Champions expected to release before the end of 2018, and any that follow
- An exclusive Early Access skin for Ranger, available only during the Early Access period for Champions Pack players
- Three Reliquaries (loot chests containing three in-game items for profile, Champion and weapon customization, including skins, shaders, nameplates and more)
Yes, you read that correctly – the DOOM Slayer himself is coming to Quake Champions. After the early access phase is over and the game hits retail status, the price will be $39.99, so double jump on it while you can at the discounted offer. The early access version will be available on Steam or through the Bethesda.net launcher.
The free-to-play version of the title will also be available, but not until a later date. For those that are thinking the fun stops there, that would be incorrect. A plethora of new features will be arriving with Quake Champions‘ early access version, including new maps, lore items, customization options, and more. You can check out the full list below:
- Two New Maps: Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine
- Rune Challenges: Players will be rewarded for completing new Rune Challenges found in Backpacks
- Lore System: Players will find Lore Items hidden throughout Arenas in vases. By collecting all 10 Lore Items for a specific Champion, they will unlock that Champion’s high-end Lore Skin.
- Improved New Player Onboarding: New features to help get fresh fraggers up to speed include a movement tutorial, shooting gallery and the ability to choose a skill level
- New Customization Options: New options include new Champion skin sets and weapon shaders
- In-Game Voice Chat
What say you, gamers? Excited that Quake Champions is one step closer to its full potential? Isn’t it awesome that not only is BJ Blazkowicz included, but also the DOOM Slayer will be coming to the game? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7! If it’s more reading that you’re needing, check out the following:
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.