Pokemon Go Celebrates Pokemon Day 2020 With Armored Mewtwo And More
Believe it or not, Pokemon Day is officially February 27th! This year, Pokemon Go is bringing on the festivities in a big way! In light of Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution heading to Netflix that day, the Niantic team announced an event that brings back Armored Mewtwo, clone Pokemon, and other sweet bonuses. Check out the details below:
Pokemon Day Celebration
Date + Time
Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, March 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Some Pokémon are here to party! Keep a lookout for Pikachu and Eevee wearing party hats appearing in the wild. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting the same festive look will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. There’s a chance that any of these partying Pokémon could be Shiny, too!
- Armored Mewtwo strikes back in five-star raids! Not only is Armored Mewtwo in Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, but it will be returning to raids as well with the special Charged Attack Psystrike.
- Remember Clone Pokémon? Well, some are coming to Pokémon GO! In celebration of the Pokémon Day launch of Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix, special Clone Pokémon—including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise—will appear in four-star raids. Be sure to use #GOsnapshot during the event, too—Clone Pikachu might appear in your photo, and you might be able to catch it!
- Trainers will be able to do up to two special trades a day. For more information on what a special trade is, please see this help center article.
In addition to the Pokemon Day festivities, Pokemon Go will host another Raid Day on March 1st from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM local time. It will feature two-star Nidorino raids wearing party hats, four-star Gengars with Lick and Psychic abilities wearing party hats, and chances for shiny versions of said pocket monsters as well! Gain up to five Raid Passes that day by spinning photo discs at gyms. Keep in mind – you can only hold on to one at a given time! So you’ll have to make use of those few hours!
How are you going to celebrate Pokemon Day? Are the lovely bonuses and armored Mewtwos herding you to Pokemon Go, or will you be plugging hours into Sword or Shield? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- The Outer Worlds For Nintendo Switch Delayed Due To Coronavirus
- New Far Cry Game Reportedly In Development, Releasing By March 2021
- Gears Of War Boss Leaving The Coalition To Oversee Diablo Franchise
- Ubisoft Reportedly Releasing Five AAA Titles By March 2021
Hoi Duong2104 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.