Pokemon GO Holiday Event Adds New Costumes, Pokemon, And More
Niantic and company recently revealed a new upcoming feature for Pokemon Go called Buddy Adventure, an “elevated bonding experience for Trainers and their buddies.” Players get to know their traveling pocket monster companions by their side with a variety of new and more immersive features. It won’t arrive until next year but in the meantime, Trainers can warm up to the holiday festivities with Pokemon GO’s seasonal event.
Going on now until January 7th, Pokemon Go players can take advantage of bonuses, new generation 5 Pokemon, legendaries, and themed content. There’s new field research tasks that will give Trainers exclusive holiday variants. Check out a sneak peek below:
Studying to be the very best, Trainers? 📚 Here’s a handy-dandy chart to show #PokemonGOHoliday Field Research tasks and their bonuses!
There’s nothing like the gift of knowledge. 😌 pic.twitter.com/6bUGmnnI5b
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) December 24, 2019
There’s no shortage of content this year as Pokemon GO maintains its popularity with mobile Trainers. In addition to the new content Niantic already added earlier in the month, here’s everything else they’re bringing to the table:
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Raichu, and Pichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, such as Sneasel, Delibird, Snorunt, and more! Making its Pokémon GO debut will be Cubchoo, the Chill Pokémon!
- Pokémon appearing in Eggs: Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Pichu wearing beanies, and Stantler wearing bells will be hatching from 7 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Raichu wearing beanies and Stantler wearing bells will be available to challenge in two-star raids!
- Pokémon attracted by Glacial Lure Modules: Throw a Glacial Lure Module onto a PokéStop near you, and you’ll have a chance of encountering Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon, making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Pikachu wearing beanies!
- Save Shadow Pokémon! We have reason to believe that Team GO Rocket has turned more Pokémon, including Delibird, into Shadow Pokémon! There might be other Shadow Pokémon to discover in places high and low, so get out there and save them!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Stantler wearing bells and Shiny Snover!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop! You can look forward to a Stantler Sweater and a Stantler Headband as well as a Beanie Hat to match the one some Pikachu are wearing for this event!
On December 28th from 11:00 AM to 7:00 pm local time, there will be a two-hour glacial lure module that will bring out Lapras, Delibird, Cubchoo, and others from hiding! Players can evolve Eevee into Glaceon during the event with a charged attack called Last Resort. There’s a mysterious “eight hour long weekend event” during the last Saturday of December, so be on the look-out for something special!
There’s a lot more where that came from too. For additional details such as bonus candy, stardust, and experience times, check out the official blog here.
What are you going to buckle down and accomplish first? Which addition to Pokemon Go is your favorite this holiday season? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2028 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.