Pokemon Go 3rd Anniversary Celebration Details Revealed
Each Pokemon trainer’s journey begins as a fledgling adventurer whose heart is prepared to be the very best and catch ’em all. With the launch of Pokemon Go a few years back, Niantic and team made dreams possible! To celebrate the third anniversary of the mobile pocket monster mobile game, the developers have a variety of surprises in store. There’s shiny Alolan Pokemon, raid bonuses, decreased stardust costs for trading, and more.
Beginning June 28th, Niantic is onboarding brand new features, a limited time event involving our favorite electric rat types sporting party hats, and other bonuses. Check it out:
All good things come in threes!
Pokémon journeys begin with a choice between 3️⃣ Pokémon.
You can join one of 3️⃣ teams in Pokémon GO.
And today we celebrate the 3️⃣rd anniversary of Pokémon GO!https://t.co/6oTpUl49HH pic.twitter.com/bVDwP8lJQo
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) June 27, 2019
New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.
Which shiny Alolan Pokemon are you going after first? Have you tried out another mobile app from Niantic – Harry Potter: Wizards Unite? Let us know what you’ll deep dive into first in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong1748 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.