Phasmophobia Update Includes Several Changes, Fixes, And More
The developer of Phasmophobia was essentially blindsided with success last year when the co-op ghost-hunting adventure launched. Since then, Kinetic Games has been working hard on improving the experience, testing out many of the changes on the test server. That said, a massive update has arrived for the title and brings a host of changes, fixes, and more for Phasmophobia players to enjoy.
The latest update is officially live for Phasmophobia players to download and install, with the full patch notes being outlined on the game’s Steam page. According to the patch notes, the update includes several quality of life improvements, gameplay changes, and bug fixes. As far as new additions go, there is now an accessibility page that will allow players to change the audio from stereo to mono. Players will also now be able to select the contract difficulty instead of it being random and there is now a button to change ports, which should help with disconnects.
There is no longer a temperature objective due to all of the changes listed in the latest Phasmophobia patch notes. When selecting Professional difficulty, the round will always start with the power off and the dirty water objective is a thing of the past as it was too hard to obtain. Ghost orbs will be easier to track and the Activity Monitor will now show an estimated value. Speaking of monitors, the Sanity Monitor will now show the team’s average sanity, helping players determine when things are about to go sideways.
Phasmophobia is currently available in Early Access on PC via Steam. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Original Diablo 2 Save Files Will Carry Over To The Remaster
- MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Brings The Field Of Dreams To Life (VIDEO)
- The Division 2 Getting New Game Mode Later This Year
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to check out all of the new goodies added to Phasmophobia? Have you been enjoying all of these changes in the test server over recent months? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric ‘anarkE7’ Garrett @ KoFi
The full patch notes for Phasmophobia can be found here, but we’ve collected some of the highlights for you below:
- Added an accessibility page where you can swap your sound to mono. This requires a game restart.
- Added a button to select the contract difficulty rather then it being random.
- Added a button in the game options to change the ports the game uses. This can help significantly in some situations where you are getting a lot of disconnects. This option requires a game restart.
- Added text on the sanity monitor to show the teams average sanity that the ghost uses to hunt.
- Improved the server and contract selection navigation on gamepads.
- You can now enter the room invite code with the keyboard numpad.
- Added a button to add the max amount of each item so you don’t have to spam click each item.
- Added a server region prefix in front of the room invite code to help show what region you are in or trying to connect to.
- Added a delay for closing the truck door once it has been opened to prevent trolling.
- Changing character will no longer unready everyone.
- Added an “Are you sure?” check after clicking the training button on the main menu.
- The ghost will now follow your around corners if it has lost sight of you rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now listen for player voices when hunting and will search those locations. This will not work if you are not the banshee target.
- The ghost can now open lockers and closets outside of a hunt.
- The ghost will now open doors, closets and lockers during hunts. This can be stopped by holding the door however the ghost can still walk through room doors like usual.
- Slightly increased the ghosts chance to wander on all difficulties.
- The ghost will now search around the location it last saw a player rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now target any player that gets close to it whilst it’s already chasing another player.
- Professional Difficulty: You will no longer be told if the Ghost responds to groups or only if you are alone.
- Professional Difficulty: The power will now always start off.
- Removed the dirty water objective as it was too hard to get. It will still remain as extra photo evidence.
- Removed the temperature objective due to the temperature changes listed below.
- The Activity Monitor will now show an estimated value rather than the true value.
- Glow sticks will now have the same brightness when you are holding them as when they are thrown.
- Improved the movement of ghost orbs so that they stay inside the room longer and are easier to see.
- EMF Readers will now give random values during hunts similar to how the flashlight flashes during hunts.
- The ghost appearing and walking towards you will now count as a ghost event.
- Dead players will no longer count towards the average sanity. Instead alive players will now lose 15 sanity each time a player dies.
- Lowered the resolution of the photos to help with lag spikes when taking the photo.
- The $50 photo reward challenge has been changed to be a total $50 reward over multiple games.
- Banshees will now hunt like other ghosts and target any player when it’s target player is outside.
- Improved how the bone spawns to help prevent it spawning in unreachable locations.
- Lowered the rate the Thermometer updates it’s temperature from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- Slightly increased the temperatures variations that show on the Thermometer.
- All rooms will now start with slightly different temperatures.
- If the power is off, the temperature in every room will now slowly drop to 5C/41F.
- If the power is on, the temperature in every room will slowly raise unless the ghost is in the room where it will still drop.
- Professional Difficulty: Due to the power starting off, the room temperatures will start at 5C/41F.
- Each room will now change their temperature at slightly different speeds.
- Lowered the speed that temperature raises in rooms once the power is on.
- Lowered the speed that the ghost lowers the temperature in the room it’s in.
- Freezing temperature ghosts will now reduce the room temperature at the same speed as other ghosts. This means that when the power is off, all rooms including the ghost room will drop at a similar speed.
- Fixed a bug where the ghosts room boundary from both cell blocks were extended into the bathroom and hallway.
- Prison will no longer be always added to the contract selection.
- Fixed a bug where cell block exit doors would unlock during hunts.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take a photo of the fingerprints on the cell doors when it was open.
- Fixed a bug where the main hallway lights wouldn’t flash during a hunt.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost could get stuck on the cell block benches.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take fingerprints photos on the grey doors.
- Significant performance and load time improvements.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn’t knock on the windows.
- Moved the light switches in the reception to make what they do clearer and to make them easier to press in VR.
- Moved most CCTV cameras to help with fps when in the truck.
- Several changes to most rooms to make them easier to navigate and to remove safe spots.
Eric Garrett2224 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.