Grounded Update Brings Halloween Goodness To The Backyard (VIDEO)
If “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” was a fully fleshed-out survival game, you’d get Grounded. That’s part of the reason why over one-million people stampeded into the backyard to survive the dangers that lurk around every corner. In the developer vlog below, Obsidian Entertainment details nearly every change and addition coming to Grounded, and they’re ready to celebrate Halloween with all the survivors too.
The new Grounded update makes some potentially deadly adjustments – from the reduction of the Bombardier Beetle’s regular attack but deadlier acid attacks, extra stinky stink bugs, to soldier ants throwing down some new moves. In terms of Halloween, Obsidian Entertainment is getting into the spooky spirit by bringing tasteful and tasty decor to the yard. There is an unfortunate lack of spooky milkshakes. Here are a few new features coming to Grounded:
Grounded Update Patch Notes
- The Hedge has been revamped with new content
- New Building: Zip-lines
- New Building: Spinning Wheel
- New Building: Signs
- New World Landmark: Frankenline
- Halloween Additions: Jack-o-Lantern landmark, Candy Corn food item
- Localization for French, German, Spanish, and Italian (more to come at a later date)
- New spider webs that stick to unsuspecting players and critters
The update brings a variety of bug fixes as well, especially issues where ants spawning in big groups, game crashes, and quality of life changes for player-built structures. For more on the changes and additions coming to Grounded, check out the full patch notes here.
What do you think about the features Obsidian Entertainment is adding to Grounded? Which changes are you the least and most pleased with? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Beyond Good & Evil Creator Michel Ancel Responds To Toxicity Allegations
- Diablo IV Skill System, End Game Progression, And More Discussed In New Update
- Cyberpunk 2077 Crunch Addressed By CD Projekt RED Head
- Final Fantasy XVI Has A Provisional ‘Mature’ Rating By PEGI
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2062 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.