All Nintendo Switch Online SNES Games Confirmed So Far (UPDATED)
The Nintendo has quite the internet-based service in Nintendo Switch Online, boasting a number of member-specific offers well as a featureful game streaming service bursting with the company’s most classic original NES titles. In the time since the subscription’s launch back in 2018, this lineup of retro inclusions has only expanded, growing to currently include games from the era of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System–or ‘SNES’ for short.
In a similar manner to Xbox’s Games With Gold or PlayStation Plus’ Free Games, new selections are set to be added regularly, growing from a lineup of 20 launch titles to gradually include much more on a periodic basis. As with the NES games before them, SNES titles are confirmed to have a number of modern features not present in original releases, including online multiplayer, access to the Save Data Cloud, as well as a nifty rewind feature for tricky situations. A full list of each confirmed SNES game can be found down below.
Nintendo Switch Online – SNES
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! (added on December 18th)
- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing. As Dixie Kong checks in with the rest of the family, she gets stuck with babysitting duties! But that won’t stop her from going on her next adventure. Play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong solo, against a friend or with a friend. Take advantage of their abilities as they throw each other into action in over 40 levels.
- The Ignition Factor (added on December 18th)
- Intense firefighting action puts you in the heat of the moment. Take control of a brave firefighter as he battles to save people from towering infernos and flame-filled factories. Keep your cool to rescue all the victims. Get them out of the fire and back to safety!
- Super Valis IV (added on December 18th)
- A reddish moon calls forth evil, and the bells toll for battle. Take on the role of Lena, the only warrior able enough to wield the Valis sword against the forces of evil in this action platformer. The longer you take clearing a stage, the stronger the boss at its end will get. Dash, jump and use the items you collect along the way to traverse all seven stages.
- Tuff E Nuff (added on December 18th)
- Four champions seek to challenge the great tower! In this action game, your special attacks level up each time you defeat a certain number of enemies, making your hero grow even more powerful. Make good use of your guard, and carefully time your special attacks against all the tough guys you face on your way to Jade, the self-proclaimed Fighting King. With the instant-replay feature, you can have fun watching the last moments of a fight play out!
- Brawl Brothers
- Breath Of Fire
- Breath of Fire II
- Demon’s Crest
- Donkey Kong Country
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Kirby Super Star
- Mario’s Super Picross
- Natsume Championship Wrestling
- Operation Logic Bomb
- Panel de Pon
- Pop’n TwinBee
- Smash Tennis
- Star Fox
- Star Fox 2
- Stunt Race FX
- Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Metroid
- Super Punch-Out!!
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Soccer
- Super Tennis
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- The Peace Keepers
- Wild Guns
What do you think? Are you happy with how Nintendo Switch Online is shaping up, or are you waiting for a certain game to be added? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more Nintendo headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Cuphead Gets Snazzy New Controllers From PowerA
- Spelunky Series Coming To Nintendo Switch Next Year (VIDEO)
- Sea Of Solitude: The Director’s Cut Coming To Nintendo Switch Next Year (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2155 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.