All Nintendo Switch Online SNES Games Confirmed So Far (UPDATED)
The Nintendo has quite the internet-based service in Nintendo Switch Online, boasting a number of member-specific offers well as a featureful game streaming service bursting with the company’s most classic original NES titles. In the time since the subscription’s launch back in 2018, this lineup of retro inclusions has only expanded, growing to currently include games from the era of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System–or ‘SNES’ for short.
In a similar manner to Xbox’s Games With Gold or PlayStation Plus’ Free Games, new selections are set to be added regularly, growing from a lineup of 20 launch titles to gradually include much more on a periodic basis. As with the NES games before them, SNES titles are confirmed to have a number of modern features not present in original releases, including online multiplayer, access to the Save Data Cloud, as well as a nifty rewind feature for tricky situations. A full list of each confirmed SNES game can be found down below.
Nintendo Switch Online – SNES
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (added on September 23rd)
- Kaptain K. Rool and his Kremlings have kidnapped Donkey Kong. Enter Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong, who are ready to brave the seas to save our hairy hero. Diddy Kong’s Cartwheel can sprint him across a distance, while Dixie Kong’s Helicopter Spin will let her float from high places. Play solo or with a friend in eight exciting worlds. All aboard, and let’s set sail!
- Mario’s Super Picross (added on September 23rd)
- Use numbers as clues and chisel away squares to bring a hidden image to the surface, with Mario cheering you on as you progress through the game’s puzzles. You can get a friend in on the excavation too. Two chisels are better than one! This puzzle game launched on the Super Famicom system in 1995 and has never been released in the U.S. until now.
- The Peace Keepers (added on September 23rd)
- The DM Corp is responsible for a new string of troubling incidents. It’s up to Flynn and his crew to rise up and stop them. Progress through each stage by executing on the deep action gameplay and unleashing each character’s unique super attacks. The story changes based on the route you take!
- Brawl Brothers
- Breath Of Fire
- Breath of Fire II
- Demon’s Crest
- Donkey Kong Country
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Kirby Super Star
- Natsume Championship Wrestling
- Operation Logic Bomb
- Panel de Pon
- Pop’n TwinBee
- Smash Tennis
- Star Fox
- Star Fox 2
- Stunt Race FX
- Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Metroid
- Super Punch-Out!!
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Soccer
- Super Tennis
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Wild Guns
What do you think? Are you happy with how Nintendo Switch Online is shaping up, or are you waiting for a certain game to be added? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more Nintendo headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Nintendo Switch August 2020 Sales Break Industry Record
- Reggie Fils-Aime To Host New York Game Awards 2021
- Kingdom Hearts Dev Has ‘No Plans’ To Release Trilogy On Nintendo Switch
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2038 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.