All Nintendo Switch Online SNES Games Confirmed So Far (UPDATED)
The Nintendo has quite the internet-based service in Nintendo Switch Online, boasting a number of member-specific offers well as a featureful game streaming service bursting with the company’s most classic original NES titles. In the time since the subscription’s launch back in 2018, this lineup of retro inclusions has only expanded, growing to currently include games from the era of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System–or ‘SNES’ for short.
In a similar manner to Xbox’s Games With Gold or PlayStation Plus’ Free Games, new selections are set to be added regularly, growing from a lineup of 20 launch titles to gradually include much more on a periodic basis. As with the NES games before them, SNES titles are confirmed to have a number of modern features not present in original releases, including online multiplayer, access to the Save Data Cloud, as well as a nifty rewind feature for tricky situations. A full list of each confirmed SNES game can be found down below.
Nintendo Switch Online – SNES
- Pop’n TwinBee (added on February 19th)
- The sixth game in the TwinBee series, this vertically scrolling shooter takes place in a cute, poppy setting. TwinBee and WinBee hear that the great Dr. Murdock has lost his wits, so they set off to return him to his normal self. This game was originally released in Japan and Europe in 1993, but this will be its first release in the U.S.
- Smash Tennis (added on February 19th)
- In Smash Tennis, the controls may be simple, but there’s plenty of room for skill! With strong shots, weak shots, lobs and eight different court types, you can develop all sorts of approaches, unlocking the deep strategies of tennis. This game was originally released in Japan in 1993 and Europe in 1994, but this will be its first release in the U.S.
- Brawl Brothers
- Breath Of Fire
- Breath of Fire II
- Demon’s Crest
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Kirby Super Star
- Star Fox
- Star Fox 2
- Stunt Race FX
- Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Metroid
- Super Punch-Out!!
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Soccer
- Super Tennis
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
What do you think? Are you happy with how Nintendo Switch Online is shaping up, or are you waiting for a certain game to be added? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more Nintendo headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Nintendo Switch Pop-up Lounges Announced For U.S. Airports
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Pre-Order Bonus Details Revealed
- New Pokémon Funko Pops Include Fan-Favorites And Mr. Mime
Eric Hall1896 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.