New For Honor Patch for PC Drops – Targets Anti-Cheat Issues and Combat Glitches
Ubisoft’s PvP title For Honor has recently released across all platforms and the majority of the player feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. That’s not to say the title released without its fair share of problems, however – most notable was the PC playability whether that be choppy combat mechanics, delayed response time, or their AntiCheat software. In a blog post, the developing team announced a new For Honor patch that should help to correct some of these issues PC gamers are experiencing.
Eric Pope, Ubisoft Community Developer, took to the forums to let fans know about the list of patch fixes they can expect. Among these improvements is balancing out their AntiCheat software, which in the past has made mistakes and blocked fair-fighting players from playing the game.
Another notable feature is for those PC players that have been looking to utilise their Steam controller. Up until now, that hasn’t been a possibility due to the hardware not registering correctly and it showing players as “AFK”. Thankfully, that seems to have been tweaked as well in this latest For Honor patch so for those of you that are more comfortable with a controller, plug that baby back in – it should be ready to go.
There were a few other features in-game that have been altered to provide a better player experience, you can see the full patch notes below as they appeared in the forum post:
- Easy AntiCheat
- FIXED: Updated the error messaging for certain Easy AntiCheat notifications to make them more user friendly
- FIXED: Error that was incorrectly blocking some players from entering the game
- Steam Controller users will no longer be kicked as inactive (AFK) when providing controller input
- Addressed bugs in the the shutdown process
- FIXED: game sometimes storing borderless in the options on shutdown
- FIXED: game still showing in taskbar after pressing x. When clicked you would see a small window without borders that closes shortly after.
- Addressed several PC startup/full screen bugs
- FIXED: game starting in window mode when clicking somewhere else during startup
- FIXED: game switch display mode twice on startup
- FIXED: game switching to borderless when ALT+ENTER after previous switch to full screen failed
- Fixed the caching of settings on game minimization
- FIXED: Incorrect window positions being stored in options when game is minimized
- A message will now be displayed on BOOT if Intel GPU driver is below min specs
We’ve been playing For Honor on PC since launch here at DFTG and have only experienced a few of these issues, but glad to see the team over at Ubisoft taking the reigns on their latest title. Have you guys been playing the latest in PvP gaming? What are your thoughts on For Honor so far? Join in on the conversation below and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7! We’ve also added a Disqus to take the community to the next level, check it out!
Liana Ruppert579 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.