Netflix Will Hire You To Binge Watch Anime, But There’s A Catch
Let’s face it, getting paid to binge watch anime would be absolutely amazing. While there are unfortunately very few job opportunities that actually allow for that sort of thing, apparently Netflix is looking to hire someone to do just that. That’s right, Netflix will pay you to binge watch anime and other incoming content. A new job offer has surfaced over on the popular streaming service’s website, revealing that Netflix is hiring someone to “watch, research, tag, annotate, and write analysis for movie and TV content”. So yeah you could say we’re pretty interested, though there’s a catch: proficiency in a second language beyond English is mandatory for the position.
The new Netflix job listing is for an ‘Editorial Analyst” of their original content, and the listing is looking for “an entertainment-savvy analyst to help categorize television series, specials, and movies for our 100+ million users.” The listing itself is for Los Angeles, California. It was previously announced that Netflix will be upping its influx of original anime content, so much of the content to be viewed will likely be anime. Here are the responsibilities and necessary qualifications required for those interested:
Netflix – Editorial Analyst
- Watch, research, rate, tag, annotate and write analysis for movie and TV content
- Quality assurance review of content metadata
- Timely and efficient completion of all projects
- Passionate about movies and TV with a deep knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Ability to distinguish nuances within different movie and TV genres
- Ability to distill the essence of a movie/show and share findings in a concise manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-moving, professional environment
- Ability to multitask and self-manage projects that require cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to remain objective and deliver constructive analysis
- Aptitude to quickly learn new tools
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficiency in a second language beyond English is mandatory
- Experience with content analysis, coverage, and development a plus
- Experience or education in media/video industry or archival studies a plus
So, thoughts on the Netflix job listing? Plan on applying/ Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier799 Posts
When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan ponders the mysterious, undocumented relationship between Chocobos and Moogles. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.