Fortnite: Hidden Lairs Discovered By Players, Nuke Conspiracies Included (VIDEO)
Season 4 of Fortnite arrived with a bang yesterday, providing players with a plenty of new areas to explore as well as many other goodies. The superheroes have arrived after the comet that had been looming overhead came crashing down into Dusty Depot. Of course, that means their less-than-heroic counterparts have also hopped on the party bus. With all of the meteors that fell to the island, many changes have been made to the landscape, including a few secret locations.
YouTube user LJC posted a video showing off the hidden villain lair, which is now inside of a mountain just east of Snobby Shores. What’s inside of it, however, has players wondering what lies ahead for the island fans have come to love. Check it out for yourself in the footage below:
What we can see in the video above, or if you’ve actually gone to the location in-game, is that there is a rocket inside of the hidden villain lair. We can only assume that a nuclear bomb of sorts is attached to it, leading many to believe that the island is in danger. After all, Epic Games loves keeping the mystery alive in their popular title.
Surely, we can expect the superheroes of Fortnite Season 4 to put an end to the villains. Speaking of the do-gooders, their base of operations has also been discovered in the newly transformed map. Reddit user TopiKoodaa captured a bit of footage of the superhero lair, which appears to be on the opposite end of the map of the villain lair. Just south of Lonely Lodge, the hero hideout can be found. Check it out in the video below:
We’re sure there is plenty more to discover in Fortnite after the arrival of Season 4, so get out there, consume some glowing rocks, and jump around until you see something new. As for now, here are some of the changes that have come to Battle Royale:
BRACE FOR IMPACT! NEW MAP UPDATE
Shards of the comet have crashed! Many locations have been transformed by its impact. Discover all new points of interest, or find your favorite landing spot changed.
The comet has left a scar on the island… Visit the crater and you’ll find glowing rocks all around.
Consume them and lift off with low gravity!
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Not the Battle Bus, though.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way.
- Incoming headshots (from above or straight on) will no longer be blocked by your character’s other body parts.
- For example, a shot that hits your target’s hand will be able to penetrate through and hit their head if your aim was on point. You’ll be credited headshot damage instead of normal damage.
- Headshots from below that are blocked by a body part (legs, torso, hands, shoulders, arms) will do normal damage, except for impacts very close to your character’s head.
- This change affects all weapons, except for the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is forced to fall by an opponent.
- On the starting island, you can now see other players (and player-created structures) about three times further away than before.
Weapon + Items
- The Crossbow has been vaulted.
- Rocket Launcher aim reticle is now a fixed size regardless of player movement.
- Hit markers are now displayed when looking through a scope.
- Increased pickaxe damage against Supply Llamas, now dealing 50 damage per hit.
Fortnite is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. To see the full list of patch notes, that can be found right here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- New Far Cry 5 Update Allows For Character Recustomization & More Fixes
- Destiny 2: Bungie Announces New Warmind Comic Featuring Ana Bray
- Half-Life Remake Project ‘Black Mesa’ Announces New ‘Xen Engine’ Patch
What say you, gamers? Have you discovered any other hidden areas in Fortnite? What do you think is going on with the bombs in the villains’ base? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1659 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.