Newest For Honor Patch Improves Faction War, Fixes UI Bugs, And More
Ubisoft has announced an upcoming patch for their hit hack-and-slash fighting game For Honor, which include tons improvements to the title as a whole. In this For Honor Patch, many of the playable characters will be seeing some buffs and nerfs, in order to better balance the game for the player base. Other improvements that will be seen includes changes in Faction Wars, user interface fixes, and many other needed corrections.
Below are most of the changes that are in For Honor Patch v1.18 from Ubisoft:
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issues that caused the “Barrel Trap” to not execute the Shaman and the Aramusha.
- [Improvement] Fixed an issue that caused “Friendly Fire” to make players drop the flag.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that cause players to be interruptible while the opponent is interacting with the “Offering”.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that allowed the Players to interact with the “Offering” after placing it in a “Shrine”.
- [Bug Fix] Added a missing sound effect during the Win Confirm timer.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the interaction sound effect to continue playing after being interrupted.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some user interface and audio to persist until Faceoff screen while joining a match from the “Deploy Troops” menu.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Tournament matchmaking user interface to disappear upon receiving an error of matchmaking time out.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Rank Update” interface to be displayed after a match ends in a Tie.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Next Map” interface to sometimes remain displayed at the end of a Tournament.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused a Quit Penalty to trigger when leaving a Tournament after being eliminated in the Qualifiers.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some elements of the Tournament Lobby to remain displayed after abandoning a Tournament.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that displayed the wrong player count while matchmaking.
- [Improvement] On the end match reward screen, we added an interface to display how players earned their Troops.
Developer Comments:Players earn Troops based on the length of the match and their Score’s rank against the scores of all the players in both teams. We expose these values when you hover over the Troops icon in the end flow to make it more transparent.
- [Improvement] Added a weather icons above the territory’s icon and name.
- [Improvement] Added an message for Isolated Territory & Capital Territory to clarify that Territories that are not connected to a Capital while be turned over to another Faction once the current Battle is over.
- [Improvement] Added an icon to emphasize the selected Player’s Faction.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a case that might have caused the user to join a match in progress and remain in stuck Tactical View for the whole game.
- [Bug Fix] Player is not redirected back to the Events Playlist after pressing the “Back” button from the Faction War Tactical View invoked from Events Playlist. This is now fixed.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed Map Overview while in match for some game modes that were not displaying the correct info.
Dynamic Reflections quality selection
- Replaced the current “Dynamic Reflection” toggle with a quality selection box. Available options are: Off, Low, Medium, High, & Extreme.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the game to start without focus when display option is set to “Windowed” or “Borderless Windowed”.
- [Bug Fix] While modifying the game settings, the “Apply Changes” pop up is not displayed if the payer leaves the menu by going directly to the Social tab.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed the mouse clickable area of the Tab switch interaction for Duel, Brawl & Events Playlists.
- [Bug Fix] Gear thumbnail displayed previously scavenged gear when scavenging with keyboard and mouse. This is now fixed.
- [Bug Fix] Incorrect button depiction is shown for ‘Close’ button when toggled between Auto and PS4 in ‘Control Icon Display” option while an Xbox 360 controller is connected or vice versa.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Post Launch Heroes to not unlock properly when bought with Keyboard and Mouse. The player was presented with a second Unlock pop up.
- [Bug Fix] The recruit button does not to work when clicked with the mouse in the Hero’s customization menu. This is now fixed.
The rest of the announcement, which can be viewed here, include all of the character changes. This For Honor patch will drop on January 18th.
What do you think about all the changes coming in the upcoming For Honor patch? What else would you like to see fixed or added to the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.