Fallout 76: Bethesda Issues Response Following Recent Nuke Bug
Anyone who has jumped into Bethesda’s latest wasteland adventure has likely encountered a bug or two, and we’re not talking about roaches, ants, and the like. We mean the glitches and issues many have experienced since the launch of Fallout 76 – the ones Bethesda is doing their best to fix.
That said, the studio did warn players that the title would be buggy from the start. One such issue to pop up recently involves the game’s nuclear codes, which players use to launch nukes after accessing the appropriate silo. According to Redditor Waffle_cop, the weekly codes reset as normal, but after farming new ones, it was clear that they were exactly the same. In their post, they outlined a bit more information regarding the bug, which can be found below:
- The codes were correctly removed from my inventory at the correct time.
- Once the codes were wiped I started to farm the new codes, they ended up being the same as last weeks.
- the words stayed on the board until ~ 9PM PST and then they disappeared it says both completed and incomplete on the wall.
- Access to the silos is also being denied.
- You cannot search for more code pieces.
- The missile silo holotape shows that they are temporarily unavailable. for 9+ hours now.
Some believed that the silos had been disabled for an event to celebrate the arrival of 2019, but Bethesda assured everyone that was not the case. In a direct response to the Redditor above, a Community Manager for Bethesda stated that they are “actively investigating the nuke silo access issue.”
As can be seen above, they also mention that a hotfix is planned for today, January 2nd, but there is no official word regarding exactly when the issue will be resolved. However, we’re sure that players will be able to resume launching nukes in no time!
Fallout 76 is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we learn of more issues and their respective solutions, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Half-Life 2 Combat Rework Mod Revitalizes An Old Classic (VIDEO)
- Despite Getting Defensive, Soulja Boy Drops His Bootleg Consoles
- GTA Online Adds ‘Rocket League’ Inspired Mode In Latest Update (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Have any of you encountered the recent nuke bug in Fallout 76? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1759 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.