Here’s What to Expect in Destiny 2’s Beta Later This Month (VIDEO)
Beta testing is always a great way for gamers to get their hands on a title and try it before they purchase. It’s also a great way for developers to obtain player feedback before a game releases. This comes in handy if there is something wrong and should be rectified before release. Destiny 2‘s beta is just around the corner, and Bungie is surely looking for what they can improve upon before the game goes live. Before we get into what is included in the upcoming testing, let’s take a look at the open beta launch trailer that was just released:
Players will get the chance to enjoy quite a few aspects of the game during Destiny 2‘s beta. These include the first story mission, multiplayer combat, new modes, subclasses, and more. There will also be a one hour period where players can enjoy the new social space, The Farm, on July 23. Check out what Guardians can expect to experience during Destiny 2‘s beta:
- Homecoming: The opening mission and cinematics from Destiny 2’s Campaign.
- Countdown: Enter the Crucible to battle other Guardians in a brand new mode. Attack or Defend the base on a new map custom-built to support this new game type.
- Control: The original standard for Crucible combat is back, with some impactful changes. Control the zones on another new map built with this objective in mind.
- The Inverted Spire: Strike at the heart of a Vex stronghold. Bring two willing allies, or let Matchmaking introduce you to a Fireteam of Guardians.
- New Subclasses: The new fighting style for each Class will be at the ready. Choose from the Dawnblade Warlock, Arcstrider Hunter, or Sentinel Titan.
- The Farm: For one hour, on Sunday, July 23, we’re inviting you to tour the new social space in Destiny 2. Starting at 10AM Pacific, you’re welcome to kick the ball into the net or befriend a chicken. Most vendors and services will be offline. Our goals are to see how many of you it can accommodate at once.
As can be seen in the image above, the open beta will run from July 21-23. Unfortunately, this is only for those playing on console. If you happen to be on PC, you will have to wait until August. Gamers with pre-orders on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have early access to Destiny 2‘s beta from July 18-20 and 19-20, respectively. To read more on what not to expect, check out Bungie’s post right here. Stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as we get closer to the September 6(PS4, Xbox One) and October 24(PC) release dates.
What say you, Guardians? Are you excited for Destiny 2‘s beta? Will you be enjoying some early access goodness, or will you be waiting until the open beta launches? Are the PC gamers out there kind of bummed that they have to wait longer than everyone else, or will it be worth it in the end? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7! If it’s more reading that you’re needing, check out the following:
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.