Dragon Quest Builders Release Date Revealed For Nintendo Switch
Dragon Quest Builders introduced several new elements into the classic Dragon Quest series, enabling players with the ability to reconstruct entire towns while still enjoying classic RPG elements. Since the title’s release last year for the PlayStation 4 and the PS Vita, fans of the Dragon Quest series lacking in both platforms have been hoping that the game would become available on additional platforms. Thankfully, it was announced back in September that the title would be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018. Fast-forward to now, the Dragon Quest Builders release date for the Nintendo Switch has been confirmed for February 9, 2018.
Surprisingly, the Dragon Quest Builders release date for North America and Europe is actually a month earlier than the Japanese release date for the Switch version. In regards to price, there is currently no word on how much it will cost in North America and Europe, though the announced cost in Japan is roughly $42. For those unfamiliar with Dragon Quest Builders, below is a breakdown of the upcoming Switch version of the game:
Dragon Quest Builders – Nintendo Switch
- Gather materials, craft items, and build towns to fulfill your destiny as the legendary Builder
- As you build rooms and defenses, towns level up and residents grow stronger
- An open world adventure with real time battles against monsters and bosses
- Discover side quests, treasure chests, and building schematics during your travels
- Build to your hearts’ content in Terra Incognita, the free-build mode
- Battle waves of monsters at the arena in Terra Gladiatoria
- Upload your creations online or download buildings made by other players
- Nintendo Switch version of the game Exclusive content: gather special materials with the Great Sabrecub to unlock retro customization options, including the Dragon Quest Game Pak
So, excited for Dragon Quest Builders for the Switch? Do you have the game for any other platform? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1990 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.