DOOM Eternal Delayed Until Next Year
DOOM fans have been getting excited for the release of the upcoming sequel to 2016’s hit entry, and while it was originally set to arrive next month, players will have to wait a little longer to dive into the action. Developers id Software recently took to Twitter to reveal that DOOM Eternal is officially delayed until next year.
In a post on the official DOOM account, the devs announced that DOOM Eternal will now be released in March 2020. “Throughout the development of DOOM Eternal, our goal has been to deliver a game that exceeds your greatest expectations across the board,” the post reads.
“To make sure we’re delivering the best experience – for DOOM Eternal to live up to our standards of speed and polish – we’ve made the decision to extend our launch date by a few months to March 20, 2020. We know many fans will be disappointed by this delay, but we are confident that DOOM Eternal will deliver a gaming experience that is worth the wait.”
An update on DOOM Eternal: pic.twitter.com/2LWrfh6e4Z
— DOOM (@DOOM) October 8, 2019
The delay, however, is not the only thing that was announced. In addition to DOOM Eternal’s new launch date, there are a few other changes that were unveiled, which can be seen below:
- Invasion Mode, which will allow you to enter another player’s game as a playable demon, will release as a free update shortly after launch.
- DOOM Eternal for Nintendo Switch will release after the other platforms. We will announce that date in the future.
- DOOM 64 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in addition to Nintendo Switch. We are adding DOOM 64 as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal on all platforms so you’ll be able to download and play this classic game, for free, just for pre-ordering DOOM Eternal. DOOM 64 will be released on March 20, 2020 on all platforms.
It is certainly unfortunate when a delay pops up, especially for such a highly anticipated title, but it’s all for the best. Either way, we will all be waiting until March 20, 2020 to play DOOM Eternal, when it arrives on Google Stadia, Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Mod Adds Playable Characters From RDR2, Star Wars, And More (VIDEO)
- Pokemon Sword And Shield Almost Made Massive Changes To The Battle System
- New Epic Games Lawsuit Claims The Company “Knowingly” Made Fortnite A “Very Addictive Game”
What say you, gamers? Are you glad that id Software has delayed DOOM Eternal instead of releasing it with it being unfinished? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1623 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.