DC Universe Online Begins Dark Nights: Metal Event (VIDEO)
One of the more epically twisted tales to come from DC Comics in recent years has been Dark Nights: Metal, the storyline delving deep into Batman’s nightmares and unleashing a team of evil counterparts called the Dark Knights. Following the game’s release for Nintendo Switch, action MMO DC Universe Online has now launched an update themed around the events of Metal, issuing new missions, gear, and characters straight from the depths of DC’s Dark Multiverse.
As laid out by studio Daybreak Games, ‘Episode 35: Metal Part I’ has introduced several pieces of content centering on members of the Dark Knights. New missions see players confront speedster The Red Death in Solo, the god-like Merciless as the focus of a raid, and the terrifying Batman Who Laughs cultivating chaos in Gotham City. Extras include the new collectible Dark Metal Coin currency, a fresh batch of Augments, as well as new loot based on The Merciless and heroine Donna Troy. Check out the trailer below alongside an official synopsis.
Batman has gone missing and the race for Metal has begun! The Dark Knights and the Justice League scour the universe for rare forms of Metal – the keys to victory in the war between the Multiverse and the Darkness. As heroes and villains alike race across Earth, Oa, Themyscira, and beyond, the Bruce Waynes of the Dark Multiverse hatch plans of their own. Metal Part I features new daily and weekly Open World missions, a Solo and Alert, as well as normal and Elite versions of two new Raids!”
As the title suggests, Metal Part I is the only the first installment of Dark Nights: Metal content for DC Universe Online, with a second, concluding round of content scheduled to arrive sometime in December. While much about the upcoming Episode 36 is being kept a secret, Daybreak has confirmed Barbatos, the ominous “Bat God” leader of Dark Knights, will indeed feature as a focal figure. A full rundown of Episode 35: Metal Part I content can be viewed below.
DC Universe Online Dark Nights: Metal Part I Content
New Solo: Scarlet Speedster
- Central City is in disarray. Dark lightning bolts are striking randomly, causing fear and chaos. Criminals in the city are taking advantage of the situation, looting businesses and mugging citizens. Heroes arrive to help while the speedsters are occupied, while villains get a tip from Calculator that this could be a good opportunity. Calculator has also asked villains to secure dead drops from heists executed during the chaos.
- Open your On Duty menu and look for Metal Part I: Scarlet Speedster under Tier 9 of the 1 Player tab. Minimum Combat Rating: 264
- For the Event version, look for Metal Part I: Scarlet Speedster (Event) in the On Duty menu under the Events tab. Minimum Level: 15
New Open World Missions: Metal Gotham
- The Batman Who Laughs has unleashed chaos on Gotham City to keep Batman’s allies from finding the Dark Knight. Dark Multiverse energy is infecting people, turning them into threats. He’s cracked open Arkham Asylum, sending escaped inmates to run amok. Nightwing wants to protect Gotham City in Batman’s absence. Killer Croc wants to protect his home turf. A mysterious benefactor has hired Deathstroke to gather exotic metals. Heroes and villains are working together to save the city from a greater threat.
- Look for Metal Gotham in your warp menu or use the teleporter in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom
- New daily and weekly missions in Metal Gotham. Minimum Level: 15
New Alert: Batcave Breach
- Nightwing sends a distress call. He and Robin are in the Batcave, pinned down by its automated defenses run amok. Oracle and Calculator have formed a loose alliance to stop what appears to be a metahuman pandemic spreading through Gotham City. Oracle uses Justice League teleporters to get heroes and villains alike to the Batcave.
- Open your On Duty menu and look for Metal Part I: Batcave Breach under Tier 9 of the 4 Player tab. Minimum Combat Rating: 264
- For the Event version, look for Metal Part I: Batcave Breach (Event) in the On Duty menu under the Events tab. Minimum Level: 15
New Raid and Elite Raid: False Idols
- The Merciless has arrived on Olympus, searching for something. He defeated the gods that tried to stop him. Hades fled to his nether realm while Ares traveled to Themyscira, searching for the Sunblade. Ares believes it can hurt The Merciless. Heroes and villains alike join Wonder Woman in her own search for the Sunblade.
- Open your On Duty menu and look for Metal Part I: False Idols under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player tab. Minimum Combat Rating: 264
- For the Event version, look for Metal Part I: False Idols (Event) in the On Duty menu under the Events tab. Minimum Level: 15
New Raid and Elite Raid: Monsters of Metal
- The Batman Who Laughs has given powerful metal cards to some of Batman’s rogues, and those rogues are using them to reshape Gotham City’s reality to their whims.
- Open your On Duty menu and look for Metal Part I: Monsters of Metal under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player tab. Minimum Combat Rating: 264
- For the Event Version – look for Metal Part I: Monsters of Metal (Event) in the On Duty menu under the Events tab. Minimum Level: 15
New Gear, Base Items, Feats and More
- Earn a new currency: Dark Metal Coins!
- Upgrade new Augments!
- Acquire new gear inspired by Donna Troy and The Merciless!
- Plus collect new base items, feats, and more!
DC Universe Online is out now for Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One.
What do you think? Are you down with Dark Nights: Metal content in DC Universe Online, or are you just wondering where all the other evil Batmen are? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1739 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.