Upcoming Dark Souls III Patch 1.14 Addresses DLC Weapon Strengths and More
The fire may have finally faded on the Dark Souls series, but developer From Software is still pumping out patches and updates for Dark Souls III, following the release of the game’s final DLC, The Ringed City. The latest Dark Souls III patch – arriving Friday May 12th – implements multiple bug fixes and weapon buffs (and nerfs) for many of the weapons that can be found in the game’s DLC areas. The patch also provides a buff to members of the Spears of the Church covenant when being summoned into a world with 2 or more White Spirits. Though the notes do not specify, it is likely that the White Spirit count also includes members of the Warriors of Sunlight covenant. The full list of notes for patch 1.14 can be found below, along with patch deployment times for each platform.
The Dark Souls III patch 1.14 will be deployed on Friday, May 12th as follow:
JST – 10:00am to 12:00pm
CEST – 03:00am to 05:00am
PDT – 06:00pm to 08:00pm
JST – 10:00am to 04:00pm
CEST – 03:00am to 09:00am
PDT – 06:00pm to 12:00am
JST – 05:00pm to 07:00pm
CEST – 10:00am to 12:00pm
PDT – 01:00am to 03:00am
Dark Souls III Patch 1.14
- Fixed issue where the first spell would disappear if either Seething Chaos or Crystal Hail is used twice in succession
- In PvP battles, the 2nd attack of the Call to Stone (skill for Ledo’s Great Hammer) attack can now be cancelled by rolling immediately after successfully delivering a different attack to the enemy
- Fixed issue where 2 Spears of the Church were occasionally summoned in the Ringed City
- Increased absorption and stamina recovery speed when summoned as the Spears of Church in a world with 2 or more White Spirits.
- Decreased cooldown time for Ritual Spear Fragment and Divine Spear Fragment when summoned as the Spear of the Church in a world with 2 or more white spirits.
- Fixed issue where following certain steps could make the Ringed City Streets bonfire inaccessible
- Fixed issue where the player was unable to use the bonfire despite having defeated the Demon Prince in The Dreg Heap.
- Fixed issue where further progress was disabled when interacting with the Crystal Sage Clone in a certain way.
- Animation cancel now available for whips except the Rose of Ariandel.
- Fixed issue where the weapon reinforcement effect of the right-hand weapon was applied to the left hand equipped with a Greatshield weapon when performing the Shield Bash skill
- Reduced rotation capabilities of the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords
- Decreased stamina consumption for Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords attack and increased attack power of Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords
- Fixed issue where the art for the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords could still be performed when there was insufficient FP
- Fixed issue where a combination of the Lothric War Banner’s Art and the Aquamarine Dagger would result in FP continuously replenishing
- Increased attack power and motion cancel speed for Call to Stone skill attached to Ledo’s Great Hammer
- Increased attack power for the skill attached to Quakestone Hammer
- Decreased attack power and R1 projectiles of the Blade of Peril skill attached to Gael’s Greatsword
- Increased attack power and decreased stamina consumption for Farron Greatsword
- Decreased stamina consumption when attacking with Darkdrift
- Increased animation cancel speed for the Darkdrift skill attached to Darkdrift
- Increased bleeding attack power for Bloodlust skill attached to Bloodlust.
- Increased luck for poison, bleed, and hollow-infused and decreased stamina consumption of Astora Straight Sword.
- Decreased strength and dexterity of Sunlight Straight Sword
- Decreased stamina consumption for Aquamarine Dagger’s Crystal Blade skill.
- Increased attack for Repeating Crossbow
- Fixed issue where no more stamina was required to use the Repeating Crossbow weapon art when the player did not have the minimum stats.
- Fixed an issue when a female character or a male character wearing the Reversal Ring uses the Repeating Crossbow art, the character would move forward without any analog stick input.
- Fixed issue where the effectiveness of the Preacher’s Right Arm art did not decrease when the player did not have the required Intelligence
- Fixed issue where the weapon reinforcement effect of the right-hand weapon was applied to the left hand equipped with Preacher’s Right Arm when performing the Feasting Branch skill
- Fixed issue where the Unfaltering Prayer effect was retained when casting certain miracles and quickly casting another spell afterwards
- Fixed issue when activating the Wrath of the Gods miracle through a catalyst held in the character’s right hand, the idle time after the spell cast was longer than it should be
- Decreased vitality recovery when using the Projected Heal miracle
- Increased stamina consumption of Lightning Arrow and decreased stamina recovery speed while the player is drawing the bow
- Fixed issue where players could parry the Flame Fan
- Fixed several other small issues
So, thoughts on the latest Dark Souls III patch? Did a weapon you use get buffed or nerfed? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1990 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.