Civilization 6 Details New ‘Frontier’ Season Pass (VIDEO)
Firaxis and 2K have exciting news for Civilization 6 players! Introducing a new season pass, Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 is getting an entire years worth of new updates, game modes, and hauls of content both free and paid. In fact, the team has been experimenting with “new systems” to shake things up a bit too. Check out the developer update below for more information on their big plans for the game:
Civilization 6 Frontier Season Pass Features
- Pack #1: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack. Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available May 2020.
- Pack #2: Ethiopia Pack. Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode**, one new District and two new Buildings. Available July 2020.
- Pack #3: Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode**, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available September 2020.
- Pack #4: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new City-States, and numerous new Great People. Available November 2020.
- Pack #5: Adds one new civilization and two new leaders***, one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings. Available January 2021.
- Pack #6: Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available March 2021.
Each of the new game modes that will become available for Civilization 6 will required different expansions in order to work. For example, players must have the Gathering Storm DLC for the game mode available in the Ethiopia Pack and likewise for packs three and five.
In addition to the paid add-ons for season pass buyers, Firaxis Games will provide free updates for all Civilization 6 players as well! Those will include new and free content, balance adjustments, new maps, and “other surprises.” For a visualization of the Frontier season pass, check out the content roadmap below:
What do you think about a new season pass for Civilization 6? What kind of features and new additions do you think the team will introduce? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- NieR Replicant Remake Gets New Screenshots, Concept Art
- Fable 4 Reveal Possibly Being Hinted At By Microsoft
- DOOM Eternal Teases Upcoming Single-Player DLC
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2078 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.