Castlevania: Grimoire Of Souls Is Being Revived As An Apple Arcade Exclusive
Fans are understandably itching for new Castlevania content following the conclusion of the hugely popular Netflix animated series. While another series is in the works, it’s currently anyone’s guess as to how long it will be before it sees the light of day. In the meantime, the folks over at Konami have announced that Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is being brought back to life as an Apple Arcade exclusive.
For those unfamiliar, Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls had a soft launch in Canada back in 2019, though the game was shuttered less than a year later. It appears as though Konami has chosen to throw some fresh support behind the title in the wake of renewed interest in the franchise, though it’s a bit strange that it’s only coming to Apple Arcade. Here’s the official trailer for the game that posted just prior to its 2019 release:
There’s currently no release date for Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls, with the official listing on the Apple Arcade website on stating that it is “Coming Soon” to the platform. Here’s a fresh breakdown of the title courtesy of the site:
- An All-New Castlevania Game!
- The beloved gothic fantasy series returns with an original game exclusive to Apple Arcade with “Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls”!
- Classic Sound & Visuals
- Immerse yourself in the rich world of Castlevania with the work of renowned artists from its long-running history – featuring character designs from Ayami Kojima and music by Michiru Yamane. Experience a new original story spanning the Castlevania universe!
- A True Action Game
- “Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls” is a full-fledged side-scrolling action game. Experience a game with epic amounts of content including 60 levels, a wide variety of equipment, daily and weekly missions, and more! Set in a world after Dracula has been sealed away, the pages of a new story bringing together heroes of the past have begun to turn…
- Iconic Characters
- Play as Alucard and unlock other legendary characters such as Simon Belmont, Charlotte, Shanoa, Maria and more to come! Master each character’s unique combat style to annihilate fearsome enemies and bosses!
Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is slated to release on Apple Arcade at some point in the near future.
Thoughts on the game being revived as an Apple Arcade exclusive? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2956 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.