Borderlands Talking Claptrap Talking Car Charger Now Available, For Those ‘Not-Dead’ Vault Hunters
Everybody’s favourite mistake from the iconic Borderlands series, Claptrap, is back and smaller than ever! Why charge your phone with a boring old car charger when instead you can have the obsessively obsessed, monocle wearing wub wub do it for you!
“Claptrap” is an archaic 18th-century word that means “nonsense” or “rubbish.” It also used to mean “a trick or device to catch applause” – literally a “trap for claps.” Yeah. Either one fits our favorite little CL4P-TP perfectly, don’t you think? If only he’d shut up, ever.”
The team over at ThinkGeek also added, “Not much hope of that when you plug this Borderlands Claptrap Talking Car Charger into your vehicle. He fits in a standard cupholder and his eye lights up blue when he’s receiving power. He’ll keep your tablet and phone full of juice while regaling you. Well, actually, he only says three things. “Hahaaaa! I am alive! Let’s get moving o’ noble henchman” when you plug him in. And “Oooh… I finally got an excuse to turn this on” and “How ya feelin’ minion? Ya feelin’ good? I’m feelin’ good” when you use the charging ports. Best part? We added a mute button. Cause we’ve hung out with Claptrap before.”
- Borderlands Claptrap Talking Car Charger
- Officially-licensed Borderlands merchandise
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Fits in a standard cupholder and plugs into your 12V vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter)
- Compatible with anything that charges via USB (iPhones, smartphones, iPads, tablets, GPSes, etc.) as long as you have the cable
- Eye lights up blue to indicate power
- Says three phrases when you interact with it:
- Hahaaaa! I am alive! Let’s get moving o’ noble henchman.
- Oooh… I finally got an excuse to turn this on.
- How ya feelin’ minion? Ya feelin’ good? I’m feelin’ good.
- Features a mute button
- Two USB charging ports (1.0A)
- Claptrap: 7″ tall (including base for placing in cup holder)
- Power Plug: extends 39″ out of the back of the unit
- Includes: Claptrap unit with 2 USB ports and integrated 12V vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter)
Ready for your own noble henchman ready to charge up that mobile device? You can snag one right here for $39.99! Need even more Borderlands in your life? Yeah, we totally get it! Luckily, ThinkGeek also announced a brand new vinyl soundtrack to bring the sounds of Pandora into your home in an all new way! Check out that sassy piece of awesome right here!
Matt Ruppert710 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.