New Borderlands 3 Patch Buffs Bloody Harvest Loot Drops
With the Bloody Harvest event in full swing for Borderlands 3 players, those enjoying the shenanigans are also encountering the handful of things that they would like changed. Luckily, the devs at Gearbox Software are on top of things, releasing a new patch that focuses on the loot drops in the spooky event.
Taking to the Borderlands 3 website, the dev team outlined all of the changes that are part of the latest patch, all of which are seen below:
BLOODY HARVEST ADJUSTMENTS
Captain Haunt is a fun boss fight with multiple phases, but players were often skipping entire phases because Captain Haunt’s shields were so low. We increased his shields to make the fight slightly more engaging for most players and dramatically increased the loot drop chance, so players are compensated nicely for defeating Captain Haunt.
- Increased Captain Haunt’s chance to drop legendary gear
- Increased Captain Haunt’s shields
- The Hecktoplasm drop rate from Ghosts has been increased
– Ghosts drop 2 Hecktoplasm
– Badass Ghosts drop 3 Hecktoplasm
– Loot Ghosts drop 5 Hecktoplasm
- Loot Ghosts now drop more loot
- Loot Ghosts have an increased the chance of dropping Bloody Harvest specific legendary gear
Following what we’ve seen and heard from the Community and the fading Halloween season, you’re going to start seeing less Terror anointed parts dropping from regular enemies. Bloody Harvest enemies (including Ghosts!) will be picking up the slack, so if you are hunting to make a spooky build you know where to look!
- The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from regular enemies has been decreased.
- The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from Bloody Harvest enemies has been increased.
- Anointed enemies are no longer immune to Cryo damage.
Note: Although they can be slowed by Cryo damage, they cannot be frozen.
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker for “It’s Alive” with the Abomination bot.
- Addressed a reported potential progression blocker if players quit the game at a certain point in “The Guns of Reliance”
- Addressed a reported issue that Explosive Gunpowder barrels where not showing effects when shot.
- Explosions created by enemy Badass’ weapons have a much quicker explosion effect to reduce screen clutter
We found that Badass enemies with heavy weapons were creating too many explosion effects that lingered on the screen, hindering the player’s view at times. We are going to make a larger change to their weapons in the patch but wanted to shorten the explosion particle effect to dramatically lower screen clutter.
Borderlands 3 is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Street Fighter Dev Explains Why Mortal Kombat Crossover Didn’t Happen
- Convincing Blizzard to Support Overwatch 2 Legacy Content Was “Very Challenging”
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Footage Shows Off Tifa’s Somersault Limit Break (VIDEO)
What say you, Vault Hunters? Are you glad to see these changes in the most recent Borderlands 3 patch? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2230 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.