Borderlands 3 Trailer Showcases Moze And Her Iron Bear BFF (VIDEO)
Borderlands 3 is a little over a month away from launch as a sequel to the the dynamic, fast-paced, and wildly fun series. There are 4 new Vault Hunters to discover and with them three separate skill trees and a host of abilities that make them a palpable threat to enemies. Gearbox Games introduced Zane the Operative full of high-tech gadgets and tons of sass and confidence. This time around, the team is ready to dive into the background of Moze the Gunner and her best friend Iron Bear. They’re BFFs.
“Moze is a battle-hardened former Vladof army soldier who specializes in mechanized combat,” reads the official Borderlands 3 description of Moze. “She uses an action skill to digistruct and climb into her bipedal tank, Iron Bear, which has hardpoints suitable for mixing, matching, and mounting high-velocity Railguns, rapid-firing Miniguns, semi-automatic Grenade Launchers, flamethrowers, pneumatic fists, and homing rocket launchers.”
Need more the gun rattling Borderlands 3 duo? Here are all the details on Moze’s three skill trees and just a few of the abilities that come with them:
Shield of Retribution
- Action Skill: Railgun
- Action Skill (Tier 2): Bear Fist
- Make Moze and Iron Bear all but unbreakable with the Shield of Retribution skill tree. The Railgun is a great Action Skill weapon for sharpshooters, as Iron Bear fires off electrified, high-velocity projectiles that can easily vaporize your target if your aim is true. By investing a few skill points in Shield of Retribution, you can also access the Bear Fist Action Skill that lets Iron Bear pummel enemies into a pulp at close range.
- Full Can of Whoop-Ass causes Moze and her allies to immediately begin recharging their shields at an increased rate whenever Moze jumps into Iron Bear.
- Force Feedback adds serious staying power to your shield: Moze’s shields will immediately begin recharging any time she scores a critical kill. If you’re an ace at nailing headshots, you’ll be that much tougher to take down.
- Phalanx Doctrine is a passive ability that grants multiple stacks of a buff by the same name every time you kill an enemy. For every stack, Moze’s maximum shield and gun damage are increased—and the kicker is that there’s no stack limit, though each stack only lasts a limited time. Killing large groups of weak enemies simultaneously will make you ridiculously powerful if you can set it up properly.
- Action Skill: V-35 Grenade Launcher
- Action Skill (Tier 2): Vanquisher Rocket Pod
- Your starting Action Skill attachment for Iron Bear is the V-35 Grenade Launcher, which fires off a steady stream of grenades that aren’t affected by Moze’s equipped grenade mod. Your enemies will have a hell of a time trying to stay clear of all the splash damage; more likely, they’ll be blown up into a chunky mixture of blood and guts.
- Torgue Cross-Promotion gives all splash damage that Moze deals a chance to double in size. It’s a known fact that explosions are better when they’re bigger.
- Auto Bear lets Iron Bear fight on your behalf; once Moze jump outs, it will remain deployed in place for a short time. While it’s active, Iron Bear will attack nearby enemies, then charge at an enemy and self-destruct when its duration ends. That’s a true friend right there.
- Short Fuse lets your guns join the explosion party: whenever Moze deals gun damage, there’s a chance to trigger a secondary explosion centered on your target. Pair this ability with a high-rate-of-fire weapon to create some serious fireworks.
- Action Skill: Minigun
- Action Skill (Tier 2): Salamander
- Guns don’t do much without ammo, but yours will rarely run dry with the Bottomless Mags skill tree. Give Iron Bear that classic mech aesthetic with the Minigun Action Skill weapon that spews out a steady stream of hot lead. The Bottomless Mags skill tree is also where you’ll find the Salamander Action Skill weapon, a humongous flamethrower that can fry nearby enemies to a crisp.
- Matched Set is an awesome reward for brand loyalty, giving Moze’s currently equipped weapon a stacking bonus to magazine size and decreased heat per shot for every piece of equipped gear that has a matching manufacturer.
- Specialist Bear encourages you to equip two of the same Action Skill weapon on Iron Bear, increasing their damage by a flat amount. Nothing wrong with a little uniformity, right?
- Forge is every gunner’s dream, and it’s beautiful in its simplicity: Moze constantly regenerates ammo for her currently equipped weapon. When paired with the unlimited magazine of a COV gun and a bit of prudent shooting, Moze can theoretically fire off rounds until the end of time.
She packs a punch! Which of the Borderlands 3 characters are you already emotionally invested in – Moza, Zane, Amara or Fl4K? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Halo: Reach PC Beta Reveals Plans For Two More ‘Test Flights’
- Borderlands 3 Dev Accidentally Streams 4 Hours Of Gameplay
- Dragon Age 4 Dev Jokes About The ‘Tevinter Of Our Discontent’
Borderlands 3 launches September 13 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong1919 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.