Bloodfall DOOM DLC is Available Now – Featuring Maps, Weapons, and More
DOOM‘s new multiplayer DLC (downloadable content) titled ‘”Bloodfall” is available now. Ah yes, it is indeed another multiplayer content patch. It seems as though this is Bethesda’s focus for the game, at the moment. There has not been news about whether or not they will bring out a campaign DLC, and no hints either. Don’t let that discourage you, however. It would be pretty amateurish to allow something as quintessential to the series as the campaign to go untouched. Single-player DLCs are much more complex to create in comparison to adding new items and maps, here and there. Writing, campaign areas, and a story line has to be concocted and make sense, as a whole. That is hard rather hard to do, believe it or not. To whet your appetite in the meantime, they’ve released the multiplayer ones fairly close to each other. Probably.
Curious about what’s going on with the Bloodfall addition? Details on the DLC are noted below:
- Boneyard – set in the “outer realm of Hell”, the map is completely made up of demon flesh and various body parts – mostly teeth, tongues, spines, and giant green sacs. Sounds squishy.
- Outbreak – this map is set in a UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation) facility, where science experiments have freed themselves from control
- Empyrian – It’s a crumbling coliseum with vines everywhere, held together by “opposing energies”
- Grenade launcher
- “Use this UAC-banned weapon to bank grenades off walls and deal area damage or use the secondary fire to detonate a smoke grenade to conceal your position from enemies.”
- Lateral Thrusters
- “Dodge enemy fire and add a third, mid-air jump with this equipment item that provides short directional boosts to player movement.”
- Spectre Pinky
- Play “as the fast and heavily armored Pinky demon with Spectre abilities, stalk your enemies with invisibility, or bull rush to insta-gib all in your path.”
- Cultist Armor
- “Embrace the unnatural melding of flesh and steel with Cyberdemon-inspired armor for your marine.”
What do you think, DOOM fans? That grenade launcher is calling your name right? What about Spectre Pinky? Are you eager for a campaign addition? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section down below, we would love to hear from you!
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.