Details On Battlfield 1’s Turning Tides DLC – New Maps And Weapons Available Now On CTE
Battlefield 1’s third planned DLC Turning Tides is heading on over to the CTE (Community Test Environment) pretty soon before it officially releases for the general public, and it’s all about “land, air, and sea in the amphibious battles of the Great War”. With it comes brand new maps, modes of transportation, weapons, and all sorts of extras that make the game more enjoyable for some.
The all new Operations addition will take place in Gallipoli and the North Sea in 1915 that will have content coming in waves throughout December and January. Players will be introduced to an all new faction to play, which will be the British Empire’s Royal Marines featuring “the characteristic blue uniform of the British Empire’s elite naval troops”. For a general breakdown of what’s coming, take a look at the image below and a detailed one further ahead as well as information on CTE testing:
Battlefield 1 “Turning Tides” DLC Features
- Cape Helles (Coming in December)
- Storm the beaches of the Gallipoli peninsula with the British forces or defend the Ottoman Empire’s fortifications. Master the land, air, and sea interplay to win the defining battles.
- Achi Baba (Coming in December)
- Throw yourself into the British assault on the Gallipoli peninsula of 1915 in an intense, fast, and infantry-focused setting. Take part of a treacherous push for a prominent hilltop position.
- Heligold Bight
- The Great War at sea. Engage in an epic naval clash as the British Empire Royal Marines and German Navy pit dreadnoughts, destroyers, and aircraft against each other while infantry troops fight by the iconic red cliffs of Rocky Cove.
- Take part of the daring British raid on the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge with rough waves and a vast German mole as backdrop. Fight at sea, in the air, and in close-quarter infantry environments.
- M1917 Trench Carbine
- Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16
- M1917 MG
- Carcano M91 Carbine
- Type 38 Arisaka
- Naval Cutlass (Melee)
- Grappling Hook (Melee)
- L-Class Destroyer
- Rule the waves with the all-new L-Class Destroyer. Jump into one of four seats and deliver mayhem to sea, air, and ground units using cannons, torpedoes, AA guns, and mines.
- C-Class Airship
- Spawn on the new C-Class Airship and deliver death from above. This nimble airship has room for a pilot with three gunners and will be a frightening sight on the battlefield.
New Game Mode, Unlocks, & More
- Elite Class: The Infiltrator
- Hide in plain sight and move faster across the battlefield with the new Infiltrator Elite Class. This strategic kit allows you to take advantage of a permanent sprint boost while calling in artillery strikes and deploying a mobile spawn for friendly troops.
- Service Assignment
- Take on a plethora of mini challenges, putting various skills on the battlefield to the test. Complete the Service Assignments and be rewarded with new Specializations.
- Customize your play style with new Specializations tweaking everything from Medical Crates to your AT Rocket Gun.
- Give it your all on the battlefield and add new Dog Tags, Service Stars, Codex Entries, Medals, and Ribbons to your collection.
- Game Mode: Conquest Assault
- Relentlessly press the offensive – or hold your ground. In a twist on the signature Conquest mode, Conquest Assault sees attackers and defenders fight over key areas, exclusively controlled by the defending team as the match starts.
For the best news yet, Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners will have a chance to try all of this new content in “Turning Tides” before the general release. On the other hand, there will be a trial event that allows prospective pass owners to see what it’s like to be ahead of the game. Already interested? You can purchase one right here for Origin, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 for 49.99 USD.
Those of whom looking to try out “Turning Tides” on CTE can do so now, but be warned, there will be glitches and unpolished content. For more information on regional sessions and surveys, check out the Reddit page for it here. Good luck and have fun!
What is the most exciting part coming with “Turning Tides”? Are you look forward to seeing how the maps will play out? A vast chunk of the it is coming in December just a couple months away! Feel free to let us know in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers official Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as they happen, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.