Anthem Icetide Update Adds Snowy Challenges And Cosmetics
It has been no secret that BioWare’s Anthem has had one of the more rocky starts in gaming. Plagued with in-game issues and a playerbase that was exactly thrilled, the title simply didn’t live up to the standard set by the developer in many gamers’ eyes. That said, this hasn’t stopped the team from working on the game and adding new content, including its most recent update that brings about the Icetide season.
The Icetide update in Anthem brings with it many goodies, including seasonal Strongholds, new challenges, and rewards for said challenges. Of course, this also means that there are new Cortex entries to be found as well as new collectibles and cosmetic items. The full patch notes can be found on the EA website right here, but we have gathered a list of the new features for you below:
Anthem 1.6.0 Game Update Notes:
- Welcome to Icetide – Shaper devices have brought localized ice storms into Bastion, bringing excitement with every glittering snowflake across the region. Ice is rare here, but when it arrives, people know that Icetide celebrations will soon follow. Holiday lights shine throughout Fort Tarsis, their bright colors sparkling on blankets of snow
- Seasonal Themed Strongholds – Each week a different featured seasonal Stronghold will unlock for players—now including score leaderboards. If you’re up to the challenge, compete with other Freelancers for the highest score. Visit the Seasonal Store to exchange your Crystal for War Chests.
- Freeplay Time Trials – Have you ever wanted to put your javelin flight and navigation skills to the test? Join Freeplay, and race through eight time trials that can be found in Bastion. Try to beat our Gold times!
- New Legendary World Event: Icetide Coolant Harvesting – Help the Arcanist harvest precious coolant resources while fighting off the outlaw forces that are trying to steal it from you.
- New Challenges – Explore the Challenges to see vanity rewards! Gain new armor sets, special time trial wraps, and more.
- New Hidden Collectables – Explore the region to find all Festive Wreaths.
- Icetide Cortex Entries – Explore the region to find new story entries to add to your Cortex.
- More Powerful Drops in Grandmaster 3 – All Legendary loot drops on GM3 now drop with +5 Gear Score.
- New Tomb of Legionnaires Offering – New Guardians’ Tokens are granted through daily and weekly challenges. Freelancers can make offerings of a Guardian Token and additional rafting materials within the Tombs of the Legionnaires to gain a random Legendary item. Each tomb grants different items, but all items have a +5 gear score.
- Tomb of Artinia: Legendary Weapons
- Tomb of Cariff: Legendary Gear
- Tomb of Yvenia: Legendary Melee Weapons and Javelin-Specific Components
- Tomb of Gawnes: Legendary Support Gear and Universal Components
- New Seasonal Cosmetic Items – Visit the Featured Store throughout the season for new Icetide-themed cosmetics.
- New Short Stories – In addition to these new features, keep an eye on our Anthem News Page for all new Icetide-themed short stories from our writing team!
Anthem is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Magic The Gathering MMO Announced By Perfect World (VIDEO)
- League Of Legends Dev Reveals Spin-Offs Convergence And Ruined King (VIDEO)
- Sons Of The Forest Announced At The Game Awards 2019 (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you still hanging around Anthem and enjoying the new content? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1659 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.