Anthem End Game Content Discussed – “Really Important,” Says BioWare
The upcoming action-RPG from BioWare is beginning to pick up steam in terms of hype. After being revealed at an inopportune time, the game is gaining traction, with more and more gamers wanting to get inside their own Javelin suits and jump right into the action. That said, now that everyone has seen more gameplay footage and learned additional details, some are wondering about the content that will be available after they’ve reached the “end” of Anthem.
Ben Scott recently took to Reddit to hopefully calm the nerves of anyone worried about Anthem’s end game content. Naturally, they were unable to reveal any specific goodies, but they provided an overall sense of hope. Here’s the rundown of thoughts that Scott gave to fans:
- The end game is important! Like really important!
- The end game gets more important the day after launch.
- Replayability is a core goal of the content.
- The community is going to help us improve, shape, and drive the long-term direction of the end game content. You have NO choice! 🙂 We will involve you and we will listen to you!
- The end game should be accessible to as much of the community as possible. BUT it shouldn’t be watered down in the name of accessibility!
- Content can be difficult, exciting, rewarding, and still be accessible.
- It should NOT foster toxicity or elitism.
- It SHOULD reward achievement, skill, and mastery.
- Easy to understand, difficult to master.
- Puzzles, secrets, and discovery is cool!
It would certainly seem that BioWare will be doing their best to give players a reason to stick around after they’ve crossed the finish line in Anthem. Ben’s statement after the list seen above definitely gives us insight into the team’s thought process. It’s meaningful, humble, and good to see from a developer that knows how to learn from past mistakes.
Real talk – We will make mistakes! But with the help of the community, we will also make it great! We have a lot to prove and show you as we get closer to launch. We look forward to showing everyone our plans, then listening to your feedback and your ideas!”
Anthem is set to arrive on February 22, 2019 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- ‘Control’ Developer Addresses ‘Quantum Break’ Similarities, Live-Action Elements
- The Elder Scrolls VI: Bethesda Explains Why It Was Announced So Early
- Life Is Strange 2 Release Date Revealed (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to jump into a Javelin suit and take to the action in Anthem? Do you believe the end game content will be satisfactory, or will BioWare drop the ball? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.